President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
"Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged,", - Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at the solemn ceremony to mark the 95th birth anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev.
“In 2003-2018, over 15 years, many international organizations, the UN General Assembly, the Non-Aligned Movement, the Council of Europe, the European Parliament, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other organizations adopted resolutions and decisions reflecting our position, the justice in connection with this conflict," - Azerbaijani President said.
President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict should be resolved only on the basis of norms and principles of international law, the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be fully restored, four resolutions of the UN Security Council must be implemented. These resolutions clearly indicate that the occupying forces must unconditionally leave the occupied lands. There is no other way to resolve the conflict.
The head of State noted that the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan is not the subject of negotiations, has never been and never will be: “The Azerbaijani people and the Azerbaijani state will never allow a second Armenian state to be created on Azerbaijani soil. If someone thinks differently, I believe that he vainly lives in illusions. The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan should be ensured completely and unconditionally. Justice and international law require this. Nagorno-Karabakh is an integral part of Azerbaijan. This is evidenced by history and culture, international law says this. The so-called "referendum" held in Nagorno-Karabakh was not recognized by any country, or any international organization. This once again shows that the international community, all countries recognize Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan. We will continue to strengthen our principled position. Azerbaijan has ample opportunities both in the international arena and in the region. Without our participation, no project can be implemented in the region. The sooner this is understood in Armenia, the sooner the conflict will be resolved and peace will be ensured in our region. We, at the same time, do a lot of work in the world in connection with the Khojaly genocide. Unprecedented brutality, the Khojaly genocide, committed by Armenians, has been recognized as genocide by more than 10 countries in recent years, and this process will continue. We have built a strong army. Leading rating agencies that determine the strength of the army, see the Azerbaijani army among the 50 strong armies. We know this and our military power is growing day by day. Two years ago, the Azerbaijani army liberated a part of the Agdara, Fizuli, Jabrayil districts from the occupants and the flag of Azerbaijan flutters on these lands, on our native lands today. I am confident that the day will come and the Azerbaijani flag will be raised on all territories today still under the occupation, including in Shusha and Khankendi,” Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku