President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev congratulated the Azerbaijanis worldwide.
The president conveyed his best wishes regarding the December 31 date - the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis, which epitomizes such noble feelings as national unity and love of the Motherland.
“The fact that all our compatriots whose hearts always beat with a sense of love for their native land are attached to the Motherland, to national and spiritual values, and the further strengthening of their ties with Azerbaijan are always in the spotlight for our state. The consistent measures based on the ideology of Azerbaijanism put forward by national leader Heydar Aliyev have given an impetus to even closer unity of our compatriots living abroad, have significantly strengthened the role of Diaspora organizations in developing the mutually beneficial relations between our country and states of the world,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The president went on to say that today Azerbaijan has great economic, political and cultural potential.
"This potential opens up ample opportunities for us to adequately respond to the complex challenges of the time. Our country, which confidently continues its path as an independent state, has eliminated the impacts of the global financial and economic crisis, established sustainable social and economic development, and ensured sustainable social and political stability,” noted President Aliyev.
“We have made great strides in the implementation of transnational projects we have initiated ourselves. The signing of an agreement to extend the Contract of the Century with giant oil companies until 2050, the commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, and the completion of work on the section of the North-South transport corridor passing through our country have contributed to the progress of our republic and the welfare of our people, and enhanced the geostrategic importance of Azerbaijan in the world,” he added.
“The consistent and resolute position of our state in promoting intercultural dialogue and addressing universal human problems is approved on the international scene. The declaration of 2017 as a Year of Islamic Solidarity in our country, the successful hosting of the Fourth World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue and the Fourth Games of Islamic Solidarity have once again demonstrated to the whole world Azerbaijan’s commitment to multiculturalism and the traditions of tolerance,” said the president.
“We persistently strive to achieve the set goals for the comprehensive development of our Motherland. Diaspora organizations also face important tasks of expanding the international relations of our country, promoting our ancient and rich culture and suppressing provocative actions against Azerbaijan," President Aliyev said.
"Therefore, our compatriots living abroad should closely rally around the idea of Azerbaijanism in the name of protecting our national interests. I believe that your focused and joint activity will multiply our strength and make a weighty contribution to the speedy settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict that worries us all, and restore the territorial integrity of our country,” noted the head of state.
“I wish you a strong will and organization on this path, and happiness and prosperity in your personal lives. Happy holidays!” added President Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex