President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev congratulated the Azerbaijanis worldwide.
The president conveyed his best wishes regarding the December 31 date - the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis, which epitomizes such noble feelings as national unity and love of the Motherland.
“The fact that all our compatriots whose hearts always beat with a sense of love for their native land are attached to the Motherland, to national and spiritual values, and the further strengthening of their ties with Azerbaijan are always in the spotlight for our state. The consistent measures based on the ideology of Azerbaijanism put forward by national leader Heydar Aliyev have given an impetus to even closer unity of our compatriots living abroad, have significantly strengthened the role of Diaspora organizations in developing the mutually beneficial relations between our country and states of the world,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The president went on to say that today Azerbaijan has great economic, political and cultural potential.
"This potential opens up ample opportunities for us to adequately respond to the complex challenges of the time. Our country, which confidently continues its path as an independent state, has eliminated the impacts of the global financial and economic crisis, established sustainable social and economic development, and ensured sustainable social and political stability,” noted President Aliyev.
“We have made great strides in the implementation of transnational projects we have initiated ourselves. The signing of an agreement to extend the Contract of the Century with giant oil companies until 2050, the commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, and the completion of work on the section of the North-South transport corridor passing through our country have contributed to the progress of our republic and the welfare of our people, and enhanced the geostrategic importance of Azerbaijan in the world,” he added.
“The consistent and resolute position of our state in promoting intercultural dialogue and addressing universal human problems is approved on the international scene. The declaration of 2017 as a Year of Islamic Solidarity in our country, the successful hosting of the Fourth World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue and the Fourth Games of Islamic Solidarity have once again demonstrated to the whole world Azerbaijan’s commitment to multiculturalism and the traditions of tolerance,” said the president.
“We persistently strive to achieve the set goals for the comprehensive development of our Motherland. Diaspora organizations also face important tasks of expanding the international relations of our country, promoting our ancient and rich culture and suppressing provocative actions against Azerbaijan," President Aliyev said.
"Therefore, our compatriots living abroad should closely rally around the idea of Azerbaijanism in the name of protecting our national interests. I believe that your focused and joint activity will multiply our strength and make a weighty contribution to the speedy settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict that worries us all, and restore the territorial integrity of our country,” noted the head of state.
“I wish you a strong will and organization on this path, and happiness and prosperity in your personal lives. Happy holidays!” added President Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex