“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
Worldwide football officials can never allow the success of “Qarabağ” football club of Azerbaijan in UEFA Champions League. Thus, for over 25 years, all international organizations, international community, and power centers strive for creating a wrong opinion on the international community, describing the occupation of Azerbaijani territories as a disputed territory with formulation of “conflict”. Injustice I faced during my activity within international organizations allows me to make such a conclusion. Therefore, I would like to briefly inform highly professional Qarabağ FK players, trainers, as well as readers about some issues I faced in international organizations.
On June 24, 2014, I submitted a motion on the “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” together with a group of PACE members to PACE Secretariat. It was the first time when the formulation of “Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” in the motion was used in official documents. Therefore, there was an unprecedented struggle regarding the appointment of rapporteur on the report in PACE Political Affairs Committee, Bureau, and plenary session. The main reason of this struggle was the title of draft resolution: “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan”. This name virtually destroyed long-term aggressive policy of Armenians and Armenian state. Following the call of Armenian state and Armenian lobby, OSCE Minsk Group, which “deals with” Karabakh problem, power centers, all international organizations and NGOs, 45 CoE member states, except Turkey united to prevent this report, guided by religious factor. Prominent Christian politicians, civil servants, religion, cultural and art figures, singers, even sportsmen united for helping their religious brother – Armenians and the aggressive state. Consequently, despite our struggle for a year and half and our victory on the approval of rapporteur in the Committee and Bureau, the report was rejected with 4 votes (66 in favor, 70 against, 45 abstention) during PACE winter plenary session on January 26, 2016.
The report on Sarsang reservoir titled “Inhabitants of frontier regions of Azerbaijan are deliberately deprived of water” based on my motion was also heard at the same plenary session. This report also reflected the occupation of Nagorno Karabakh and other territories of Azerbaijan by armed Armenian forces. However, the enemy couldn’t win this struggle. I referred to this resolution due to the fact that it is possible to gain a victory thanks to constant determination of struggle despite all attacks and obstacles. I believe that “Qarabağ” FK is also capable of highest victories thanks to its determination.
We had the only goal for both reports: to expose aggressive Armenian policy and to document the occupation of Azerbaijani territories namely by Armenian state. The obstacles regarding the report on the “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” by rapporteur Robert Walter and the final vote result is similar to defeat of Azerbaijani “Qarabağ” FK to “Chelsea” during UEFA Champions League: 0:4. This is not a metaphor, this is a bitter truth, as the participation of Azerbaijani “Qarabağ” FK in UEFA Champions League and its performance with grand football clubs of countries, such as England, Spain, and Italy before multiple football fans is an obstacle to Armenian policy of the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. Participation of “Qarabağ” FK in this respected league is not only our country’s success in football, but also a platform to bring the Azerbaijan realities, the occupation of Azerbaijani territories by the Armenian state, and Karabakh’s being the land of Azerbaijan to the attention of international community. However, this serves to destroying the policy carried out by power centers and international organizations in favor of Armenia. As “Qarabağ” FK moves forward, millions of people learn that Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan. Therefore, the pro-Armenian international community, which forbids the use of wording “Nagorno-Karabakh of Azerbaijan”, couldn’t let “Qarabağ” FK win.
It’s not an exception that the referees’ unprecedented injustice and hatred against our club in last three matches of “Qarabağ” FK are namely the political order given by power centers. Clear and purposeful strategy was prepared to prevent “Qarabağ”’s victory. Facts emerging from the recent matches are part of this strategy. Showing red cards to Dino Ndlovu and Pedro Henrique Konzen, the strongest players of club and banning them from next two matches, and showing red card to Rashad Sadygov and at the same time awarding two penalties in the last match are the obvious examples of this strategy.
All these facts emerged unreasonably and were a sign of bias and hatred. This was not a victory of world-famous Chelsea FC over “Qarabağ” FK, but a victory of the referee with full of hatred and malice. This politicized defeat was not a defeat of “Qarabağ” FK, but hypocrisy of the European democracy.
Dear Mr. Gurban Gurbanov and players of “Qarabağ” FK,
You should take into account that under the name of “Qarabağ” FK You are leading a powerful propaganda machine that brings the fact of occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh and other territories of Azerbaijan to the attention of world community. Popularity of your team and victories make it difficult for the international organizations to defend aggressor Armenia. You should be ready for pressures and hatred of the referees, who work under the instructions of Christian community, against the Muslim country and should not lose your determination of struggle. Our occupied territories may be returned to Azerbaijan only when Azerbaijan wins the information war. By demonstrating the greatest games, “Qarabağ” FK becomes a carrier of the most powerful information missile in the world.
I wish You and team players tolerance and determination!
MP of Shamakhi
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order