Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
The people of Azerbaijan have chosen their president, and according to the constitution, the source of power is the Azerbaijani people, said Siyavush Novruzov, authorized representative of President Ilham Aliyev in the presidential election, APA reports.
He made the remarks in response to the statements of the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR), the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) on the results of the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan.
Novruzov noted that these observation missions are saying the opposite of what they witnessed during the election.
“They saw long queues outside each polling station. They saw people were there with their children and grandchildren, dressed up nicely for voting. They were there to determine the fate of this state, to ensure future security and economic growth. These observation missions seem unable to accept these realities, which are reflected in their statements,” he added.
Novruzov said that he met with members of the mentioned observation missions three times.
"At each meeting, I asked each of them to take a fair position. I told them to show any shortcomings we may have, as well as our good aspects. I said we are the representatives of this nation, the President is our leader, and that he has been fighting for justice throughout his life. These organizations claim that in Afghanistan, where 90 % of the population is illiterate, elections are democratic, but for the people who created the first democratic republic in the East they say that there were various irregularities during the elections. I don’t accept the statement of the observation missions of these organizations. We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave,” he added.
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 12.04.2018Portuguese observer: Election results reflect will of Azerbaijani people
- 12.04.2018French observer hails high-level organization of election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Belgian observer: Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, no pressure on voters
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 3,962,123 people cast votes in April 11 election
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan Presidential Election: Voter turnout over 74%
- 12.04.2018CEC: Ilham Aliyev garners 86.03% of votes in presidential election
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, transparent: Finnish observer
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in line with int’l standards: Albanian observer
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev