Survey: 85.2% of respondents will vote for President Ilham Aliyev
The public association “ELS” Independent Research Center conducted a sociological survey on the eve of the 2018 presidential election in Azerbaijan to assess the current socio-political situation, voter turnout, and the population’s attitudes to the current issues.
Chairperson of “ELS” Independent Research Center Irada Yagubova announced the results of the survey at a press conference on Wednesday, APA reports.
According to Yagubova, the survey was conducted in November-December 2017 in 68 districts (with the exception of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic and occupied districts) of Azerbaijan.
92.8% of the respondents assessed the current socio-political situation of Azerbaijan as stable. 3.9% of the respondents assessed the situation unstable, while 3.3% refused to answer. 83.7% of the respondents said Azerbaijan has been developing in the right direction, 4.8% think otherwise, while 11.5% of those surveyed had difficulty responding.
At the next stage, respondents were asked to comment on the policy being pursued by the Azerbaijani president. 91.4% said they are in favor of the foreign policy President Ilham Aliyev is pursuing, 4.5% said they are against it, whereas 4.1% had difficulty responding. When asked about the domestic policy, the majority (84.7%) said they are content with the domestic policy and 5.5% expressed disapproval of it. Those who had difficulty answering constituted 9.8%.
Asked whether they will vote for President Ilham Aliyev if the presidential election is held next wee, 85.2% of respondents said they will vote for President Ilham Aliyev, 5.1% said they will not support, whereas 9.7 % had difficulty responding.
Thus, today the Azerbaijani voter highly appreciates the activities of President Ilham Aliyev and is ready to support him in the upcoming presidential election.
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends int’l conference dedicated to Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani to hold presidential election on 17 October 2018
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: For Azerbaijan, Islamic solidarity is not only an idea but also a priority
- 20.12.2017Georgia to pay special attention to teaching state language in regions with ethnic minorities
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry