“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
He said that the observation mission was supposed to observe and to give an objective assessment.
"But, unfortunately, we have probably witnessed a pre-election text read out to the media in a bid to overshadow the democratic election in our country. This is not befitting for missions of serious institutions such as the OSCE and the PACE. Azerbaijani journalists’ questions were left unanswered during the press conference. No arguments were given for the critical remarks voiced. That's why it was more like a pre-planned political show. Any ideas voiced in such events should be brought to light through facts. Instead, we witnessed those observation missions making a manipulative attempt,” he added.
The MP noted that these observation missions tried to present themselves as friends of the Azerbaijani people.
"But in reality, they have disrespected the will of the Azerbaijani people, 86.03 percent of whom voted for Ilham Aliyev. In that case, there is no need to pretend to be friends of the Azerbaijani people, rather than to accept the people’s will. By accepting this will, you can become a friend of the Azerbaijani people. The mission, despite speaking of the freedoms of speech and the press, did not respect the Azerbaijani media by not answering any questions. It also showed that, in fact, this mission was engaged in simulation over the past period. Based on previously accepted decisions, they failed to objectively assess the democratic election by the Azerbaijani people. That’s regrettable,” Babaoghlu said.
Editor-in-chief of the “Iki sahil” newspaper Vugar Rahimzade told APA that the statements voiced by members of the OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE observation missions are biased and do not correspond to reality.
“They approach to the issue with Bolshevik thinking. I was at that event. They touched upon a number of issues related to the election, claiming that there was no competitive atmosphere in the election. These opinions do not reflect reality. At this event, they voiced opinions that contradict the will of the Azerbaijani people. They ignore democratic steps taken in Azerbaijan and make statements that meet the interests of anti-Azerbaijan, pro-Armenian forces. They do not express their attitude towards violations in elections in Armenia and other countries, they show an unfair attitude to the great work done in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani people made their choice. These people are against the choice and will of the Azerbaijani people. This is unacceptable,” he said.
"As in many cases, this time PACE again came under the influence of the OSCE ODIHR. I would like to note that 894 international observers from 61 organizations and 59 countries monitored the presidential election in Azerbaijan. Most of these observers, with the exception of the OSCE and PACE, confirmed that the presidential election in Azerbaijan was another step in the field of democracy, and that the election was held transparently. The OSCE ODIHR observers always come to Azerbaijan with pre-prepared statements. The OSCE ODIHR implements the orders of their higher-level patrons, and they try to overshadow the new stage of democracy building in Azerbaijan. 86.03 percent of the Azerbaijani population voted for Ilham Aliyev. They voted for today’s stability, security and development. Unfortunately, these organizations continue to take a biased position on Azerbaijan,” he added.
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 12.04.2018Portuguese observer: Election results reflect will of Azerbaijani people
- 12.04.2018French observer hails high-level organization of election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Belgian observer: Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, no pressure on voters
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 3,962,123 people cast votes in April 11 election
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan Presidential Election: Voter turnout over 74%
- 12.04.2018CEC: Ilham Aliyev garners 86.03% of votes in presidential election
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was fair, transparent: Finnish observer
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in line with int’l standards: Albanian observer
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation