A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
On November 14 in Paris, in the pavilion Royale, a reception was organized in honor of the nomination of Baku, capital city of Azerbaijan as a candidate city for the World Exhibition of the International Bureau of Exhibitions, which is to be held in 2025, APA reports quoting AzerTAc.
First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva attended the event.
The host of the event, who called Azerbaijan "the pearl of the Caucasus," said that our country has an ancient history, rich culture.
First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva spoke at the event.
Then a video was shown about Azerbaijan.
At a reception works of Azerbaijani and foreign composers, as well as folk songs were performed.
Azerbaijan put forward a proposal on the organization of the Baku exhibition "Ехо 2025" from May 10 to November 10. The theme of the exhibition is as follows: "Will develop human capital, build a better future".
Along with Baku, Yekaterinburg (Russia), Osaka (Japan) and Paris (France) nominated their candidatures for the World Exhibition "Ехо 2025".
Famous social and political figures of Azerbaijan and France, representatives of the diplomatic corps and other influential persons attended the reception.
Videos about Azerbaijan, shown on special monitors, publications about our country were met with great interest.
In conclusion, the participants of the event were presented with souvenirs related to Azerbaijan, catalogs dedicated to the candidacy of our capital for the holding of "Ехо 2025", and other memorable gifts.
It should be noted that for the first time Azerbaijan took part with the national pavilion at the World Exhibition "Milan Echo 2015". Pavilion of our country to the "Milan Echo 2015" during the exhibition visited more than 3 million people. The National Pavilion of Azerbaijan caused great interest of the participants at the International Botanical Exhibition "Antalya Expo 2016" organized in Turkey. And at the international exhibition "Ехо 2017" held in Astana, our country was represented by a pavilion prepared on the basis of the concept "Energy Region - Energy Transported from the Past to the Future".
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan