A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
On November 14 in Paris, in the pavilion Royale, a reception was organized in honor of the nomination of Baku, capital city of Azerbaijan as a candidate city for the World Exhibition of the International Bureau of Exhibitions, which is to be held in 2025, APA reports quoting AzerTAc.
First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva attended the event.
The host of the event, who called Azerbaijan "the pearl of the Caucasus," said that our country has an ancient history, rich culture.
First Vice-President of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva spoke at the event.
Then a video was shown about Azerbaijan.
At a reception works of Azerbaijani and foreign composers, as well as folk songs were performed.
Azerbaijan put forward a proposal on the organization of the Baku exhibition "Ехо 2025" from May 10 to November 10. The theme of the exhibition is as follows: "Will develop human capital, build a better future".
Along with Baku, Yekaterinburg (Russia), Osaka (Japan) and Paris (France) nominated their candidatures for the World Exhibition "Ехо 2025".
Famous social and political figures of Azerbaijan and France, representatives of the diplomatic corps and other influential persons attended the reception.
Videos about Azerbaijan, shown on special monitors, publications about our country were met with great interest.
In conclusion, the participants of the event were presented with souvenirs related to Azerbaijan, catalogs dedicated to the candidacy of our capital for the holding of "Ехо 2025", and other memorable gifts.
It should be noted that for the first time Azerbaijan took part with the national pavilion at the World Exhibition "Milan Echo 2015". Pavilion of our country to the "Milan Echo 2015" during the exhibition visited more than 3 million people. The National Pavilion of Azerbaijan caused great interest of the participants at the International Botanical Exhibition "Antalya Expo 2016" organized in Turkey. And at the international exhibition "Ехо 2017" held in Astana, our country was represented by a pavilion prepared on the basis of the concept "Energy Region - Energy Transported from the Past to the Future".
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism