Ali Hasanov: Claims by Financial Times serve nefarious interests of anti-Azerbaijani circles abroad
Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Public and Political Affairs has commented on a number of claims made against Azerbaijan in an article of the Financial Times.
Hasanov said the claims made against Azerbaijan in the article, titled “Is the Council of Europe giving up on human rights?” are subjective, biased and serve the nefarious interests of certain anti-Azerbaijan circles abroad.
The fact that the Financial Times and other well-known publications have chosen Azerbaijan as their target in an artificially organized smear campaign and regularly voice unfounded accusations can only cause regret, noted the president’s assistant.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan is known in the world as a country of stability, security and tolerance that is following the path of democracy, has a strong economy and international influence where all freedoms are well ensured.
“The policy being pursued by President Ilham Aliyev serves the interests of the Azerbaijani people and has won all kinds of public support. This fact has been proven by surveys carried out by local and EU countries,” said the president’s assistant. “It is no coincidence that the survey, conducted by the Dutch ACT humanitarian partnership organization by order of the Eastern Partnership program, showed that 81 percent of Azerbaijani citizens support the policy being pursued by the government. Of course, this factor seriously worries Armenia and the Armenian lobby, as well as their supporters abroad.”
“Such forces, using all possible means, try to undermine the reputation of Azerbaijan and form a negative opinion of the international community about the country. The fact that such publications like the Financial Times have turned into a tool in the hands of these circles is a serious is a serious flaw that damage the independence of transnational media,” he added.
Hasanov stressed that periodically organized such anti-Azerbaijani campaigns have already proved ineffective.
“The sooner the organizers and executors of these smear campaigns understand this reality, the more they will be able to preserve their reputation,” he said.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives NATO delegation
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian General Staff Chief
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals to meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018President of the Swiss Confederation congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President of Hungary congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Mammadyarov: Metsamor NPP poses serious threat in terms of smuggling of radioactive materials
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 18.04.2018Ambassador comments on reports of 3 Azerbaijani women getting death penalty in Iraq
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always focuses on strengthening solidarity between Islamic countries’ youth
- 18.04.2018Lithuanian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives IAEA chief
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with youth and sports ministers of OIC countries
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijan appoints ambassador to North Korea
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has achieved great successes on int’l arena over past 15 years
- 18.04.2018Robert Cekuta: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election – positive factor for stability, development
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Alley of Martyrs
- 17.04.2018Rumen Radev sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018ECO Dushanbe communique expresses concern over Karabakh conflict
- 17.04.2018May 28 proclaimed Azerbaijan National Day in Chicago
- 16.04.2018China’s Xi congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 16.04.2018Mahmoud Abbas sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan to be represented at ECO Foreign Ministers Council meeting
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election report to be heard at PACE Bureau meeting
- 16.04.2018Arizona Senate adopts proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.04.2018CoE Secretary General congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding
- 20.12.2017FT also responsible for tension around world – Azerbaijani official
- 20.12.2017Date set for next meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Cooperation Council
- 20.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey and Iran underscore need to strengthen co-op in fight against terrorism, separatism
- 20.12.2017Turkey signed Zurich protocols with Armenia on certain conditions – FM
- 20.12.2017Turkey aims to end chaos in Syria, restore peace and stability therein – Cavusoglu