Ali Hasanov: Claims by Financial Times serve nefarious interests of anti-Azerbaijani circles abroad
Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Public and Political Affairs has commented on a number of claims made against Azerbaijan in an article of the Financial Times.
Hasanov said the claims made against Azerbaijan in the article, titled “Is the Council of Europe giving up on human rights?” are subjective, biased and serve the nefarious interests of certain anti-Azerbaijan circles abroad.
The fact that the Financial Times and other well-known publications have chosen Azerbaijan as their target in an artificially organized smear campaign and regularly voice unfounded accusations can only cause regret, noted the president’s assistant.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan is known in the world as a country of stability, security and tolerance that is following the path of democracy, has a strong economy and international influence where all freedoms are well ensured.
“The policy being pursued by President Ilham Aliyev serves the interests of the Azerbaijani people and has won all kinds of public support. This fact has been proven by surveys carried out by local and EU countries,” said the president’s assistant. “It is no coincidence that the survey, conducted by the Dutch ACT humanitarian partnership organization by order of the Eastern Partnership program, showed that 81 percent of Azerbaijani citizens support the policy being pursued by the government. Of course, this factor seriously worries Armenia and the Armenian lobby, as well as their supporters abroad.”
“Such forces, using all possible means, try to undermine the reputation of Azerbaijan and form a negative opinion of the international community about the country. The fact that such publications like the Financial Times have turned into a tool in the hands of these circles is a serious is a serious flaw that damage the independence of transnational media,” he added.
Hasanov stressed that periodically organized such anti-Azerbaijani campaigns have already proved ineffective.
“The sooner the organizers and executors of these smear campaigns understand this reality, the more they will be able to preserve their reputation,” he said.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding
- 20.12.2017FT also responsible for tension around world – Azerbaijani official
- 20.12.2017Date set for next meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Cooperation Council
- 20.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey and Iran underscore need to strengthen co-op in fight against terrorism, separatism
- 20.12.2017Turkey signed Zurich protocols with Armenia on certain conditions – FM
- 20.12.2017Turkey aims to end chaos in Syria, restore peace and stability therein – Cavusoglu