Azerbaijan – a strategic partner for Montenegro: FM Darmanovic
Azerbaijan is a strategic partner for Montenegro, said Foreign Minister of Montenegro Srdjan Darmanovic, who is on an official visit to Baku.
“Bilateral relations between the two countries were reflected at high-level meetings and bilateral agreements,” Darmanovic said at a joint press conference with Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov on Thursday, APA reported.
The Montenegrin minister recalled that agreements on friendship and cooperation were signed between the two countries in 2013.
Darmanovic added that the planned visits to Baku of Montenegro’s prime minister and parliament speaker were discussed at the meeting with his Azerbaijani counterpart.
As for the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Darmanovic noted that Montenegro supports a peaceful solution to all conflicts through constructive dialogue.
“The delivery of Azerbaijani gas to the borders of Montenegro will enable us to diversify gas resources and expand economic relations,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 02.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, Montenegro enjoy good relations within int’l organizations
- 02.11.2017Montenegro interested in TAP project – FM
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s joining BTK possible only after Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets deputy chairman of Russia’s Federation Council, chairman of People’s Assembly of Dagestan
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underline importance of BTK project at Tehran meeting