Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
In 2019-2022, the Republic of Azerbaijan will chair the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), which represents 120 states, and will host the 18th summit in 2019, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview with AZERTAC, APA reports.
The minister reminded that the NAM Ministerial Conference was held in Baku on April 3-6, in preparation for chairmanship and the summit in 2018.
"The conference adopted the Final Baku Declaration, which reflects global and regional issues. The fact that 120 states representing different regions and continents came to agreement and worked out a final agreement is an indicator of Azerbaijani diplomacy’s competence and ability to find solutions to complex international issues,” he said.
Mammadyarov went on to say that Azerbaijan assume the chairmanship of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) from the second half of 2018.
"Azerbaijan’s priority during its chairmanship will be to develop transport routes in the BSEC territory. At the same time, special attention will be paid to the development of cooperation in the fields of tourism, agriculture, and communication. At the end of 2018 Azerbaijan will host a meeting of the 39th Council of BSEC Foreign Ministers,” he said.
The foreign minister said that Azerbaijan, as a member of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for 2017-2019, continues to work for international development goals.
He recalled that on the initiative of Azerbaijan, a periodic resolution on women and girls' capture in conflict situations and a resolution, called “Ensuring human rights and Sustainable Development Goals through effective public services”, were adopted at the 37th session of the UN Human Rights Council.
Moreover, a periodic resolution on missing persons is expected to be tabled at the UN General Assembly this year on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Mammadyarov added.
He emphasized that Azerbaijan actively cooperates with regional organizations – the OSCE, the Council of Europe, the OIC, the CIS, the Council of Cooperation of Turkic Speaking Countries, the Organization for Economic Cooperation, GUAM, BSEC and others.
Mammadyarov noted that Azerbaijan, which has the status of a partner on the dialogue in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), intends to raise cooperation to an even higher level.
“Azerbaijan performs the function of chairing important international organizations, is elected to other leading committees, and hosts prestigious events, which is a clear indicator of the growing authority of our country at the international level and of the confidence of the world states towards our country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED