Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
The year 2017 proved to be productive and promising for advancement of cooperation between Azerbaijan and the EU, said Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov.
He made the remarks at the 15th meeting of the Azerbaijan-EU Cooperation Council in Brussels on Feb. 9, APA reports.
Recalling the Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels in February 2017, Mammadyarov said that this visit played a crucial enabling role in this regard.
According to the minister, official launch of negotiations process on new bilateral document and high level statements from both sides indicated to mutual ambitions.
“Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels proved that cooperation within EaP should be based on realistic consideration of challenging situation in the region and focus on benefits and potential added value that EaP could bring. “20 Deliverables by 2020” will enable us to concentrate on pertinent areas of cooperation with clear cut goals, aspirations and timeframes for their implementation,” the top diplomat said.
“After three-year hiatus, we resumed PCA dialogue mechanisms - relevant subcommittee and parliamentary cooperation committee meetings were convened. Two sides have engaged in a consultations process on a new EU-Azerbaijan Partnership Priorities (2018-2020) and we are on the verge of finalizing this important document. We welcome the steps to integrate the principles of differentiation, flexibility and greater ownership into new ENP and appreciate the EU’s cooperation in the preparation process of the revised ENP EU-Azerbaijan Progress Report for 2015-2017,” he added.
“I hope that today’s open exchange on state of our bilateral relations and prospects ahead will allow us to identify ways and means for further development of this cooperation,” the minister concluded.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018EU is the ‘biggest investor’ in Azerbaijan – FM
- 09.02.2018Mammadyarov: Aviation agreement with EU to give impetus to development of tourism in Azerbaijan
- 09.02.2018Southern Gas Corridor serves interests of EU, Azerbaijan: Mogherini