Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov and Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Sartaj Aziz had an exchange of congratulatory letters on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Azerbaijan's Foreign Ministry told APA.
In the letter addressed to his counterpart, Mammadyarov mentioned that the relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan, characterized by shared historical, cultural and religious values, are successfully growing in all spheres, reaching the level of strategic partnership. He also noted that exchange of visits between the heads of states, Pakistani prime minister’s recent visit to Azerbaijan as well as mutual support demonstrated in regional and international fora substantially boosted up relations between the countries.
Mammadyarov expressed his hope that the bilateral and multilateral cooperation of two countries will serve the prosperity of the peoples of Azerbaijan and Pakistan as well as the regional peace, stability, and sustainable development. The minister also expressed his assurance that the successful cooperation between our two countries and the fraternal Azerbaijan-Pakistan ties based on mutual trust and understanding will further enhance.
Mammadyarov thanked for the principled stance of Pakistan regarding the soonest settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict on the basis of sovereignty, territorial integrity, and inviolability of the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan and for the resolutions of the Senate and the National Assembly of Pakistan regarding this issue.
Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs of Pakistan Sartaj Aziz in the letter addressed to Elmar Mammadyarov said that the historical, religious, and cultural ties between Pakistan and Azerbaijan are manifested by cooperation at bilateral and multilateral fora.
Aziz noted that Pakistan is committed to further enhance its cooperation with brotherly country of Azerbaijan in political, economic, energy and defense fields. He wished for the people of Azerbaijan continued peace and prosperity.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair
- 08.06.2017Turkish ambassador: Terrorism targeting whole world
- 08.06.2017Under Secretary of State Shannon: Azerbaijan remains a close partner of US in many areas