Azerbaijani, Pakistani foreign ministries exchange letters
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov and Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Sartaj Aziz had an exchange of congratulatory letters on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Azerbaijan's Foreign Ministry told APA.
In the letter addressed to his counterpart, Mammadyarov mentioned that the relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan, characterized by shared historical, cultural and religious values, are successfully growing in all spheres, reaching the level of strategic partnership. He also noted that exchange of visits between the heads of states, Pakistani prime minister’s recent visit to Azerbaijan as well as mutual support demonstrated in regional and international fora substantially boosted up relations between the countries.
Mammadyarov expressed his hope that the bilateral and multilateral cooperation of two countries will serve the prosperity of the peoples of Azerbaijan and Pakistan as well as the regional peace, stability, and sustainable development. The minister also expressed his assurance that the successful cooperation between our two countries and the fraternal Azerbaijan-Pakistan ties based on mutual trust and understanding will further enhance.
Mammadyarov thanked for the principled stance of Pakistan regarding the soonest settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict on the basis of sovereignty, territorial integrity, and inviolability of the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan and for the resolutions of the Senate and the National Assembly of Pakistan regarding this issue.
Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs of Pakistan Sartaj Aziz in the letter addressed to Elmar Mammadyarov said that the historical, religious, and cultural ties between Pakistan and Azerbaijan are manifested by cooperation at bilateral and multilateral fora.
Aziz noted that Pakistan is committed to further enhance its cooperation with brotherly country of Azerbaijan in political, economic, energy and defense fields. He wished for the people of Azerbaijan continued peace and prosperity.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend Astana EXPO-2017
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijan, Slovenia hold political consultations
- 09.06.2017Azerbaijani parl’t vice-speaker dismisses reports on deterioration of Baku-Moscow ties
- 08.06.2017Emmanuel Macron: France to remain committed to its obligations as MG co-chair
- 08.06.2017Turkish ambassador: Terrorism targeting whole world
- 08.06.2017Under Secretary of State Shannon: Azerbaijan remains a close partner of US in many areas