Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Aloysio Nunes Ferreira, Minister of External Affairs of Federative Republic of Brazil who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of political relations established between the two countries and stressed the importance of strengthening of mutual efforts for elevating bilateral cooperation to a higher level, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers reviewed the current status of relations on various fields and issues on the agenda of the two countries.
Elmar Mammadyarov highly appreciated Aloysio Nunes’s visit to our country and expressed his assurance that this visit will give substantial contribution to the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
Aloysio Nunes mentioned that his visit is a testimony to the importance that Brazil attaches to the development of cooperation with Azerbaijan adding that Brazil commends the pragmatic and balanced foreign policy pursued by Azerbaijan.
The ministers underlined the significance of intensifying of high level mutual visits with a view of enhancing cooperation as well as the activity of Common Working Group for promoting of economic-trade relations between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
The sides noted that the parliamentarian diplomacy plays particular role in bilateral cooperation and in this context, they stressed the importance of increasing contacts between the members of friendship groups created in the parliament of both countries.
During the meeting, the ministers reviewed the draft legal documents which are under consideration and in this regards, emphasized the need of expanding legal-treaty base between the parties. They also touched upon the significance of continuation of political consultations as useful platform between Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
The sides exchanged views on the ways for the development of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian affairs and education.
At the meeting, the ways for promotion of relations in the fields of agriculture, energy and food industry as well as tourism, science-education including expansion of cooperation between universities of both countries were discussed.
Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and emphasized the importance of implementation of demands of relevant UN Security Council resolutions. Furthermore, he highly appreciated Brazil’s position on the settlement of the conflict within the framework of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
Mammadyarov also briefed Aloysio Nunes about the capital Baku's candidacy to host the EXPO-2025.
At the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the international agenda including the reform process of the UN Security Council.
Following the meeting “Memorandum of Understanding between ADA University under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Rio Branco Institute of the Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil on mutual cooperation on training of Diplomats” was signed.
Hafiz Pashayev, Rector of ADA University from Azerbaijani side and Ambassador of Brazil in Azerbaijan Santiago Luis Bento Fernández Alcázar from the Brazilian side signed this Memorandum of Understanding.
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov is holding a one-on-one meeting with his Brazilian counterpart Aloysio Nunes Ferreira in Baku.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference following the meeting.
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM