Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Aloysio Nunes Ferreira, Minister of External Affairs of Federative Republic of Brazil who is on an official visit to Azerbaijan.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of political relations established between the two countries and stressed the importance of strengthening of mutual efforts for elevating bilateral cooperation to a higher level, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers reviewed the current status of relations on various fields and issues on the agenda of the two countries.
Elmar Mammadyarov highly appreciated Aloysio Nunes’s visit to our country and expressed his assurance that this visit will give substantial contribution to the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
Aloysio Nunes mentioned that his visit is a testimony to the importance that Brazil attaches to the development of cooperation with Azerbaijan adding that Brazil commends the pragmatic and balanced foreign policy pursued by Azerbaijan.
The ministers underlined the significance of intensifying of high level mutual visits with a view of enhancing cooperation as well as the activity of Common Working Group for promoting of economic-trade relations between Azerbaijan and Brazil.
The sides noted that the parliamentarian diplomacy plays particular role in bilateral cooperation and in this context, they stressed the importance of increasing contacts between the members of friendship groups created in the parliament of both countries.
During the meeting, the ministers reviewed the draft legal documents which are under consideration and in this regards, emphasized the need of expanding legal-treaty base between the parties. They also touched upon the significance of continuation of political consultations as useful platform between Ministries of Foreign Affairs.
The sides exchanged views on the ways for the development of cooperation in the fields of humanitarian affairs and education.
At the meeting, the ways for promotion of relations in the fields of agriculture, energy and food industry as well as tourism, science-education including expansion of cooperation between universities of both countries were discussed.
Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and emphasized the importance of implementation of demands of relevant UN Security Council resolutions. Furthermore, he highly appreciated Brazil’s position on the settlement of the conflict within the framework of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
Mammadyarov also briefed Aloysio Nunes about the capital Baku's candidacy to host the EXPO-2025.
At the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the international agenda including the reform process of the UN Security Council.
Following the meeting “Memorandum of Understanding between ADA University under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Rio Branco Institute of the Ministry of External Relations of the Federative Republic of Brazil on mutual cooperation on training of Diplomats” was signed.
Hafiz Pashayev, Rector of ADA University from Azerbaijani side and Ambassador of Brazil in Azerbaijan Santiago Luis Bento Fernández Alcázar from the Brazilian side signed this Memorandum of Understanding.
Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov is holding a one-on-one meeting with his Brazilian counterpart Aloysio Nunes Ferreira in Baku.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers will hold a joint press conference following the meeting.
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM