Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
On November 10, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with the African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security Smail Chergui as part of his visit to Ethiopia.
During the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with expanding relations of Azerbaijan with the African Union as an Observer State and exchange of high-level mutual visits, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
Minister Mammadyarov emphasized that as the non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for term 2012-2013 Azerbaijan has paid particular attention to the peace and security problems of the African continent. He also spoke about Azerbaijan's contribution to ensuring peace and security at regional and international levels.
Noting the importance Azerbaijan attaches to the development of relations with African countries on bilateral and multilateral basis, Minister Mammadyarov said that the states of the continent and Azerbaijan have wide opportunities for cooperation in the political, economic, humanitarian, scientific and other spheres in the context of the South-South cooperation.
Commissioner for Peace and Security Smail Chergui stated that the visit has made a significant contribution to the development of dialogue and cooperation between the African Union and Azerbaijan.
During the meeting, the sides stressed the importance of continuation of dialogue and consultations, organizing the visits of delegations and the exchange of experience in areas of mutual interest between the African Union and Azerbaijan.
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts