Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
The Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expressed its attitude to the information spread in foreign media about the detention in Iraq of 200 Azerbaijani citizens suspected of having links with the ISIL, commenting on the APA, the head of the press service of the Foreign Ministry, Hikmet Hajiyev, noted that such reports appear in the press not for the first time and they are thoroughly investigated.
"Such messages do not appear for the first time. The facts are studied and investigated. The Azerbaijani side through the embassy in Baghdad is in constant contact with the relevant structures of Iraq", – Hajiyev said.
Note that the Iraqi deputy Vian Dahil proclaimed the detention of 200 Azerbaijani and 512 Russian women on suspicion of ties with the ISIL.
"Five hundred and twelve women from Russia and 200 from Azerbaijan were detained by Iraqi forces and sent to prison as members of the IS", – the parliamentarian wrote on Twitter.
V. Dahil did not say anything about where and when these women were detained.
"There are detainees, but there are very few and they are of different nationalities," the source said.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president