Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election
For this purpose, a working group of employees of the relevant departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been established and the work is being coordinated with the Central Election Commission.
According to Article 2.3 of the Election Code, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan should facilitate the exercise of the rights of Azerbaijani citizens residing outside the country, which are enshrined in Articles 3 and 56 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, with regard to the holding of elections and referendums.
At the same time, according to Article 4.12 of the "Regulations on the Consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan" approved with the Presidential Decree No. 532 dated February 26, 2007, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall assist citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan in exercising their electoral rights.
According to Article 35.6 of the Election Code, election precincts, which are established for the collection and counting of votes of voters outside the country on Voting Day, shall be created by the heads of diplomatic missions or consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan at least 30 days prior to Voting Day, in the territories where such voters reside, provided the number of voters registered with the consulate is more than 50.
In this regard, there are instructions on the organization of presidential elections and referendum of Azerbaijan outside the country, which was approved by the Central Election Commission’s (CEC) decision No 4/25 of 27 June 2003.
On the initiative of the Central Election Commission, a training session will be held on March 13 with the participation of CEC members and the members of the relevant working group of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to exchange methodological experience in connection with the upcoming presidential election.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has already submitted to the Central Election Commission the information on the number of voters, who have reached the voting age of 18, currently registered at Azerbaijani diplomatic missions and consulates.
Forty-one polling stations will be created in 32 countries in connection with the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Georgian PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018Georgian president and prime minister extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves MoU between ASAN Service and ISESCO