Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election
For this purpose, a working group of employees of the relevant departments of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been established and the work is being coordinated with the Central Election Commission.
According to Article 2.3 of the Election Code, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan should facilitate the exercise of the rights of Azerbaijani citizens residing outside the country, which are enshrined in Articles 3 and 56 of the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan, with regard to the holding of elections and referendums.
At the same time, according to Article 4.12 of the "Regulations on the Consulate of the Republic of Azerbaijan" approved with the Presidential Decree No. 532 dated February 26, 2007, the diplomatic missions and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan shall assist citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan in exercising their electoral rights.
According to Article 35.6 of the Election Code, election precincts, which are established for the collection and counting of votes of voters outside the country on Voting Day, shall be created by the heads of diplomatic missions or consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan at least 30 days prior to Voting Day, in the territories where such voters reside, provided the number of voters registered with the consulate is more than 50.
In this regard, there are instructions on the organization of presidential elections and referendum of Azerbaijan outside the country, which was approved by the Central Election Commission’s (CEC) decision No 4/25 of 27 June 2003.
On the initiative of the Central Election Commission, a training session will be held on March 13 with the participation of CEC members and the members of the relevant working group of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to exchange methodological experience in connection with the upcoming presidential election.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has already submitted to the Central Election Commission the information on the number of voters, who have reached the voting age of 18, currently registered at Azerbaijani diplomatic missions and consulates.
Forty-one polling stations will be created in 32 countries in connection with the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Georgian PM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018Georgian president and prime minister extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president approves MoU between ASAN Service and ISESCO