Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
A Meeting of the North Atlantic Council at the level of Heads of State and Government with Resolute Support operational partner nations and potential operational partner nations has been held in Brussels, APA reports quoting AzerTAJ.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the meeting.
The head of state before the event met with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Bakir Izetbegovic.
Speaking at the meeting of the North Atlantic Council, President Ilham Aliyev noted that strong partnership relations between Azerbaijan and NATO play an important role in the issues of regional security and stability: "Since 2002, Azerbaijani peacekeepers have been serving in Afghanistan shoulder to shoulder with NATO soldiers. Since January 2018, Azerbaijan has increased the number of servicemen in the mission "Strong Support" by 30 percent, bringing them to 120 people.
Several times Azerbaijan provided financial support to the Trust Fund for the National Army of Afghanistan. We are organizing exercises in Azerbaijan for the personnel of the army of Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, "ASAN xidmət" is used, which includes more than 200 public services.
Azerbaijan also provides transport and logistics support to the mission "Strong Support". The commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway in October last year facilitated the provision of significant transit support for this mission.
Last year, Azerbaijan co-chaired the "Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process", and last month hosted the meeting of the International Contact Group."
The head of state also touched upon the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: "Azerbaijan, suffering from the Armenian aggression, which resulted in the occupation of 20 percent of its internationally recognized territory, one million of whose compatriots were subjected to known terrible ethnic cleansing, understands the economic and humanitarian consequences occupation and destruction. Azerbaijan highly appreciates the continued support of NATO and the member states of this organization for the political independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity of our country and based on these principles the settlement of the conflict with Armenia. Azerbaijan will continue to assist in eliminating the security threats facing Afghanistan, the achievement of peace and development in the country."
After that, President Ilham Aliyev's visit to Brussels ended.
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 07.12.2012Azerbaijan responds to Edward Nalbandian’s accusations at OSCE Ministerial Council’s meeting
- 07.12.2012OSCE Ministerial Council’s 19th meeting ends
- 07.12.2012“The OSCE Minsk Group and the FMs' failure to issue a joint statement is due to the unconstructive position of Yerevan”, Azerbaijani FM
- 07.12.2012Azerbaijani Foreign Minister meets with president of OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
- 07.12.2012Meeting of GUAM Foreign Ministers’ Council held in Dublin
- 07.12.2012Head of State Migration Service receives Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan