Azerbaijani President: Azerbaijan is ready to make efforts to expand the bilateral ties with the EU
The head of state recalled his recent visit to Brussels, saying fruitful discussions and negotiations were held during the trip. He noted that these negotiations once again demonstrated a joint approach to the issue of further expansion of bilateral cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev described as symbolic the fact that the negotiations on a new agreement on Azerbaijan-EU partnership started the next day after the visit, adding that the negotiations successfully continue.
Describing Azerbaijan as a reliable partner for the EU, the head of state noted that this relationship is of strategic nature and is aimed at long- term targets. He noted that bilateral cooperation continues in an atmosphere of stability and security.
President Ilham Aliyev ponited out that the agenda of cooperation with the EU includes a wide range of issues as political dialogue, economic cooperation, and the issues covering the energy sector, hailing Azerbaijan's readiness to make efforts to expand the bilateral ties.
EU Commissioner for the European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn congratulated President Ilham Aliyev on the occasion of the National Salvation Day. The EU Commissioner described President Ilham Aliyev's recent visit to Brussels as a success. He said that the negotiations on a partnership agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU started just after this visit, adding the negotiations continue in a constructive spirit. Emphasizing the importance of determining ways of addressing the issues that might affect bilateral relationship, Johannes Hahn underlined the mutual interest in developing bilateral ties in the years ahead. He said the EU is interested that there is stability in the neighboring countries, adding that Azerbaijan plays an important role in the region and in a broader area in this regard.
They discussed the simplification of visa regime between Azerbaijan and the European Union, as well as the state of cooperation in the fields of energy and transportation, and hailed good prospects in these areas.
They also exchanged views on regional issues.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 16.06.2017EU says relations with Azerbaijan entered ‘a new stage’
- 16.06.2017Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Colombian FM - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Colombian FM in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.06.2017Johannes Hahn: Southern Gas Corridor is a strategic project for EU - INTERVIEW
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives IPU secretary general - UPDATED