President Ilham Aliyev receives Montenegrin FM
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs of Montenegro Srdjan Darmanovic.
President Ilham Aliyev highlighted very good relations covering various spheres and high-level cooperation format between the two countries. Recalling his visits to Montenegro and the Montenegrin President’s and Prime Minister’s visits to Azerbaijan, the head of state said ministers and other officials also pay reciprocal visits and emphasized the importance of all these visits in terms of development of bilateral cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev noted the two countries’ cooperation in many areas, including economy, energy, investment, trade and tourism. Touching upon the Memorandum of Understanding on energy cooperation signed between Azerbaijan and Montenegro, the head of state underlined the successful work in this area and expressed his hope that the memorandum would be of great benefit in this regard.
Saying that both Azerbaijan and Montenegro have a developed tourism infrastructure, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the necessity of attracting more tourists in both directions.
Montenegrin Minister of Foreign Affairs Srdjan Darmanovic said he visits Azerbaijan for the first time, adding that he is deeply impressed by Azerbaijan`s achievements gained over a short period of time. He said he was honored to visit the memorial of national leader Heydar Aliyev in the Alley of Honors, stressing that the great leader played a crucial role in the development of Azerbaijan. “President Ilham Aliyev successfully continues his policy and achieved rapid development of the country,” he added.
The head of state expressed his confidence that Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic's visit to Baku would be of great importance in terms of getting more impressions on Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underline importance of BTK project at Tehran meeting
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets deputy chairman of Russia’s Federation Council, chairman of People’s Assembly of Dagestan
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s joining BTK possible only after Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.11.2017Joint Statement: "Unresolved conflicts are a significant obstacle to regional cooperation"
- 01.11.2017Joint Statement: "Azerbaijan, Russia and Iran support the expansion of cooperation in the oil and gas sectors"
- 01.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan, Iran and Russia is important for ensuring security"