Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
At present, the struggle for certain interests in the world puts the states in a difficult situation, said Novruz Mammadov, the assistant to the Azerbaijani president for foreign policy issues, head of department, APA reports.
“However, this year has been one of the most successful years for Azerbaijan. The president declared 2017 as Year of Islamic Solidarity in Azerbaijan. Islam solidarity and dialogue among civilizations are connected. Azerbaijan has taken a number of steps in this direction. Conferences, seminars and forums have been held and attended by high-level representatives from around the world. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan resolved other issues and contributed to them within the country. This is an example to contribute to stability and security in international relations,” he said.
Mammadov pointed out the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway as one of the biggest events of 2017.
“This is an important component of the Great Silk Road which connects East and West, and a project that guarantees stability and security and contributes to international cooperation for Azerbaijan. I can proudly say that Azerbaijan has fulfilled this project,” he noted.
Mammadov stressed the Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of the significant events of 2017.
“A preparation of a new document on cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan has been launched in Brussels. An agreement on certain provisions has been reached. This is a great event,” he added.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 23.12.2017Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states
- 23.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian vice prime minister