Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
At present, the struggle for certain interests in the world puts the states in a difficult situation, said Novruz Mammadov, the assistant to the Azerbaijani president for foreign policy issues, head of department, APA reports.
“However, this year has been one of the most successful years for Azerbaijan. The president declared 2017 as Year of Islamic Solidarity in Azerbaijan. Islam solidarity and dialogue among civilizations are connected. Azerbaijan has taken a number of steps in this direction. Conferences, seminars and forums have been held and attended by high-level representatives from around the world. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan resolved other issues and contributed to them within the country. This is an example to contribute to stability and security in international relations,” he said.
Mammadov pointed out the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway as one of the biggest events of 2017.
“This is an important component of the Great Silk Road which connects East and West, and a project that guarantees stability and security and contributes to international cooperation for Azerbaijan. I can proudly say that Azerbaijan has fulfilled this project,” he noted.
Mammadov stressed the Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of the significant events of 2017.
“A preparation of a new document on cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan has been launched in Brussels. An agreement on certain provisions has been reached. This is a great event,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 23.12.2017Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states
- 23.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Georgian vice prime minister