Baku Declaration adopted at int’l conference of OSCE PA Silk Road Support Group
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening of confidence, promotion of cultural exchange and dialogue was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku on March 13.
The minister also informed the conference participants about the destruction of cultural monuments in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Head of the Moldovan delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Serghei Sirbu, head of the Bulgarian delegation to the OSCE PA Desislava Atanasova, member of the Macedonian delegation to the OSCE PA Jagoda Shahpaska, member of the French delegation to the OSCE PA Pascal Allizard, member of the Kyrgyz delegation to the OSCE PA Emil Toktashev and others spoke about the importance of cultural relations and the development of cultural diversity in the development of Silk Road projects.
The international conference ended with the adoption of a Baku Declaration.
The declaration reads as follows:
We, the participants of the International Conference dedicated to "the role of parliamentarians in boosting economic cooperation and cultural ties along the Silk Road” held in Baku on March 13-14, 2018, jointly organized by the Silk Road Support Group in the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Milli Mejlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan,
Taking into account the importance of the revitalization of the Ancient Silk Road, as well as the conformity of the efficient operation of the existing transport and energy corridors, and the free and safe mobility of passengers, goods and services through the "Modern Silk Road" with the national interests of the countries of the OSCE region and the objectives of sustainable economic development,
Noting the importance of supporting the efforts of Governments to develop and strengthen economic, trade, transport, social and cultural relations among countries that are located along the Ancient Silk Road and that can benefit from the revitalization of that road,
Recognizing the importance of parliamentarians’ assistance to implement, in line with the principles of the Helsinki Final Act, as well as the OSCE and other relevant international legal frameworks, the projects aimed at safeguarding peace, security and human rights, ensuring sustainable development and social well-being in the OSCE region, including the goal of enhancing connectivity between Europe and Asia, in accordance with the OSCE Hamburg Ministerial Decision no. 4/16 on “Strengthening Good Governance and Promoting Connectivity” (2016) declare the following:
1. We fully support the states’ efforts to restore the ancient Silk Road for enhancing security, stability and prosperity.
2. We will do our best to contribute to the expansion and promotion of cooperation among the economic and business entities of the countries represented by the parliamentarians of the Silk Road Support Group.
3. We will support governments’ efforts towards developing sustainable, secure and flexible transport and energy corridors and upgrading their functionality, and assist to study and disseminate best practices in this area.
4. We urge the governments to attach special importance to the development of effective transport corridors, transit networks and logistics infrastructure within the restoration of the Ancient Silk Road connecting European and Asian continents.
5. We support the initiatives taken to strengthen cultural relations, education exchange, interfaith dialogue and tolerance; mutual understanding among the parliamentarians of the Silk Road countries,
6. We support initiatives enhancing cyber-security, developing West-East safe data and technology exchange by the private and public sectors underpinning the objectives of Silk Road.
7. We support all efforts to strengthen financial integration along the Silk Road in order to facilitate free, fair, and transparent circulation of capital, for funding major sustainable infrastructural projects of the new Silk Road of the 21st century.
8. As parliamentarians, we committ ourselves to ensure proper oversight, on the implementation of the new Silk Road project and to support rule of law, fundamental human rights and democratic development, addressing also existential threats like inequality, radicalization, terrorism and corruption, for the benefit of our peoples.
9. We welcome the initiatives of the Belarusian, Georgian and Swiss delegations seeking to host the Silk Road Support Group's next events.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018FM: Int’l community fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2018Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the OIC Presents Letter of Credence to the Secretary General
- 14.03.2018Baku to host four-sided meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian and Georgian FMs
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED