Baku Declaration adopted at int’l conference of OSCE PA Silk Road Support Group
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening of confidence, promotion of cultural exchange and dialogue was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku on March 13.
The minister also informed the conference participants about the destruction of cultural monuments in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Head of the Moldovan delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Serghei Sirbu, head of the Bulgarian delegation to the OSCE PA Desislava Atanasova, member of the Macedonian delegation to the OSCE PA Jagoda Shahpaska, member of the French delegation to the OSCE PA Pascal Allizard, member of the Kyrgyz delegation to the OSCE PA Emil Toktashev and others spoke about the importance of cultural relations and the development of cultural diversity in the development of Silk Road projects.
The international conference ended with the adoption of a Baku Declaration.
The declaration reads as follows:
We, the participants of the International Conference dedicated to "the role of parliamentarians in boosting economic cooperation and cultural ties along the Silk Road” held in Baku on March 13-14, 2018, jointly organized by the Silk Road Support Group in the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Milli Mejlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan,
Taking into account the importance of the revitalization of the Ancient Silk Road, as well as the conformity of the efficient operation of the existing transport and energy corridors, and the free and safe mobility of passengers, goods and services through the "Modern Silk Road" with the national interests of the countries of the OSCE region and the objectives of sustainable economic development,
Noting the importance of supporting the efforts of Governments to develop and strengthen economic, trade, transport, social and cultural relations among countries that are located along the Ancient Silk Road and that can benefit from the revitalization of that road,
Recognizing the importance of parliamentarians’ assistance to implement, in line with the principles of the Helsinki Final Act, as well as the OSCE and other relevant international legal frameworks, the projects aimed at safeguarding peace, security and human rights, ensuring sustainable development and social well-being in the OSCE region, including the goal of enhancing connectivity between Europe and Asia, in accordance with the OSCE Hamburg Ministerial Decision no. 4/16 on “Strengthening Good Governance and Promoting Connectivity” (2016) declare the following:
1. We fully support the states’ efforts to restore the ancient Silk Road for enhancing security, stability and prosperity.
2. We will do our best to contribute to the expansion and promotion of cooperation among the economic and business entities of the countries represented by the parliamentarians of the Silk Road Support Group.
3. We will support governments’ efforts towards developing sustainable, secure and flexible transport and energy corridors and upgrading their functionality, and assist to study and disseminate best practices in this area.
4. We urge the governments to attach special importance to the development of effective transport corridors, transit networks and logistics infrastructure within the restoration of the Ancient Silk Road connecting European and Asian continents.
5. We support the initiatives taken to strengthen cultural relations, education exchange, interfaith dialogue and tolerance; mutual understanding among the parliamentarians of the Silk Road countries,
6. We support initiatives enhancing cyber-security, developing West-East safe data and technology exchange by the private and public sectors underpinning the objectives of Silk Road.
7. We support all efforts to strengthen financial integration along the Silk Road in order to facilitate free, fair, and transparent circulation of capital, for funding major sustainable infrastructural projects of the new Silk Road of the 21st century.
8. As parliamentarians, we committ ourselves to ensure proper oversight, on the implementation of the new Silk Road project and to support rule of law, fundamental human rights and democratic development, addressing also existential threats like inequality, radicalization, terrorism and corruption, for the benefit of our peoples.
9. We welcome the initiatives of the Belarusian, Georgian and Swiss delegations seeking to host the Silk Road Support Group's next events.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 13.03.2018FM: Int’l community fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2018Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the OIC Presents Letter of Credence to the Secretary General
- 14.03.2018Baku to host four-sided meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian and Georgian FMs
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED