Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
An international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives" is held in Baku on Saturday, APA reports.
The symposium is organized by the Azerbaijan-Turkey House (ATEV), “Yeni Chag” Media Group and the Azerbaijan-Turkey Businessmen and Industrialists Public Association (TÜIB).
Public figures, well-known experts and TV journalists from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia attend the symposium.
Chairman of ATEV, Tanzila Rustamkhanli, Chairman of Azerbaijan Press Council, MP Aflatun Amashov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, MPs Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Adil Aliyev, Hikmet Babaoghlu, Fazil Mustafa and others addressed the event.
Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral called the UN General Assembly's resolution on the unacceptable decision of the US to recognize Jerusalem as a capital of Israel a historic event.
“Despite the pressure from the US, this election took place. It showed that injustice is doomed to destruction,” the ambassador said.
MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev noted that the world is ruled by great powers.
“They carry out their policy. Weak countries can only call on to “law, justice”. The political map of the world is drawn by Christian countries, the West. Today, Azerbaijan and Turkey watch unpleasant events between the US and the EU with pain. Despite the injustice of Western countries towards others, they are more democratic in their internal structure. Therefore, to make the West a target and to spoil relations is wrong,” he said.
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states