Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
An international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives" is held in Baku on Saturday, APA reports.
The symposium is organized by the Azerbaijan-Turkey House (ATEV), “Yeni Chag” Media Group and the Azerbaijan-Turkey Businessmen and Industrialists Public Association (TÜIB).
Public figures, well-known experts and TV journalists from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia attend the symposium.
Chairman of ATEV, Tanzila Rustamkhanli, Chairman of Azerbaijan Press Council, MP Aflatun Amashov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, MPs Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Adil Aliyev, Hikmet Babaoghlu, Fazil Mustafa and others addressed the event.
Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral called the UN General Assembly's resolution on the unacceptable decision of the US to recognize Jerusalem as a capital of Israel a historic event.
“Despite the pressure from the US, this election took place. It showed that injustice is doomed to destruction,” the ambassador said.
MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev noted that the world is ruled by great powers.
“They carry out their policy. Weak countries can only call on to “law, justice”. The political map of the world is drawn by Christian countries, the West. Today, Azerbaijan and Turkey watch unpleasant events between the US and the EU with pain. Despite the injustice of Western countries towards others, they are more democratic in their internal structure. Therefore, to make the West a target and to spoil relations is wrong,” he said.
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states