ECO Dushanbe communique expresses concern over Karabakh conflict
The 23rd meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) was held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan, on April 17.
Azerbaijan’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mahmud Mammad-Guliyev took part in the meeting, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
During the visit to Dushanbe, Deputy Minister Mammad-Guliyev has had a meeting with the Foreign Minister of Tajikistan Sirocaddin Aslov. In an amicable atmosphere the sides noting traditional partnership ties between our countries had broad discussion on development of cooperation in political, economic, cultural and other spheres.
Speaking at the ECO Ministerial, Deputy Minister Mahmud Mammad-Guliyev said that Azerbaijan is engaged in active cooperation within the framework of the OIC and supports development of comprehensive cooperation among member states, put forward a number of initiatives aimed at strengthening practical cooperation and promoting regional transport corridor projects. He also briefed about Azerbaijan’s political, economic stability, as well as fundamental reforms implemented in our country.
A communiqué was adopted at the 23rd meeting of the ECO Council of Foreign Ministers in Dushanbe.
In the communiqué the ministers expressed concern about the unresolved conflicts in the ECO region, including Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which hinder the economic growth and realization of full economic potential of the region and impede the development of economic cooperation on regional as well as broader level, and stress the importance of making increased efforts for the earliest resolution of these conflicts based on the norms and principles of international law, in particular the principles of respect to sovereignty and territorial integrity.
The document also underlined the importance of large-scale regional transport and energy projects such as the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, the North-South transport corridor, as well as the Baku-Ceyhan Oil Pipeline, the expanded Baku-Erzurum Gas Pipeline, the Iran- Azerbaijan-Russia electricity transmission line.
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani president receives NATO delegation
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian General Staff Chief
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals to meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018President of the Swiss Confederation congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President of Hungary congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Mammadyarov: Metsamor NPP poses serious threat in terms of smuggling of radioactive materials
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Israeli counterpart
- 18.04.2018Ambassador comments on reports of 3 Azerbaijani women getting death penalty in Iraq
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always focuses on strengthening solidarity between Islamic countries’ youth
- 18.04.2018Lithuanian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives IAEA chief
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with youth and sports ministers of OIC countries
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijan appoints ambassador to North Korea
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has achieved great successes on int’l arena over past 15 years
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan to be represented at ECO Foreign Ministers Council meeting
- 16.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election report to be heard at PACE Bureau meeting
- 16.04.2018Arizona Senate adopts proclamation expressing firm support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 14.04.2018CoE Secretary General congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018President of European Council Donald Tusk congratulated President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Emir of Kuwait congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2018Euro-Asian Jewish Congress leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2018King Abdullah II of Jordan sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Afghanistan hold phone talk
- 13.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Albanian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on election victory
- 13.04.2018Dagestan leader congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018EU makes statement on presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Turkmen president sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 13.04.2018Ambassador: China appreciates geographical advantages of Azerbaijan as an important transport hub linking Europe with Asia - INTERVIEW
- 12.04.2018Moscow: Some political forces in West had negative opinion on Azerbaijan’s presidential election beforehand
- 12.04.2018Mongolian President Battulga phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE election observers summoned to Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijan’s top official criticizes OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE election observers
- 12.04.2018Hungarian PM congratulates Ilham Aliyev on his victory in presidential election
- 12.04.2018Ukraine’s Poroshenko phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Nursultan Nazarbayev sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE announce preliminary results of election observation in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan considers it important to step up efforts to further strengthen CIS
- 12.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by co-chairman of Turkey-Azerbaijan inter-parliamentary friendship group
- 17.04.2018Rumen Radev sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Alley of Martyrs
- 18.04.2018Robert Cekuta: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election – positive factor for stability, development
- 17.04.2018May 28 proclaimed Azerbaijan National Day in Chicago
- 16.04.2018China’s Xi congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 16.04.2018Mahmoud Abbas sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev