Deputy FM: Natural resources from occupied Azerbaijani territories being marketed to EU countries
Azerbaijan created conditions for the expansion of the South Caucasus Gas Corridor, as well as the East-West, North-South transport corridors linking Europe to Asia, said Deputy Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Mahmud Mammad-Guliyev.
He made the remarks at the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee held in Baku on Monday, APA reports.
Mammad-Guliyev spoke about the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, saying "the opening of the Alat port makes Azerbaijan a transport hub.”
Noting that the signing of the readmission agreement is also an important issue, the deputy minister said “it will have benefits for our citizens.”
According to him, a new agreement on strategic partnership can be reached between the EU and Azerbaijan by the 2020 Brussels Summit.
"The issue of Azerbaijan's occupied territories should be resolved. From the occupied territories, natural resources, goods and services are being marketed to EU countries. The EU must not allow violations of the relevant rules. Individuals and legal entities must be prevented from violating Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. Companies from the EU countries, their branches and subsidiaries operated in Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding areas and violated the legislation of Azerbaijan. Armenia is indicated as the producing country on these products. However, if we talk about mineral and natural resources, Armenia exploits and sells them to the EU,” he said.
Mammad-Guliyev called for the establishment of a working group to give legal assessment to such issues.
The deputy minister expressed confidence that cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan will further develop.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan on July 24
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani, Russian presidents hold phone talk
- 07.05.2018Luc Devigne: EU ready to help Azerbaijan become transport hub and diversify its economy
- 08.05.2018Charity event dedicated to 95th birthday anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev held in Los Angeles
- 07.05.2018Sajjad Karim: Azerbaijan’s stability of huge importance to EU
- 07.05.2018EU’s recognition of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is of great importance – deputy FM
- 07.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: EU is Azerbaijan’s largest trade partner - UPDATED