Deputy FM: Natural resources from occupied Azerbaijani territories being marketed to EU countries
Azerbaijan created conditions for the expansion of the South Caucasus Gas Corridor, as well as the East-West, North-South transport corridors linking Europe to Asia, said Deputy Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Mahmud Mammad-Guliyev.
He made the remarks at the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee held in Baku on Monday, APA reports.
Mammad-Guliyev spoke about the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, saying "the opening of the Alat port makes Azerbaijan a transport hub.”
Noting that the signing of the readmission agreement is also an important issue, the deputy minister said “it will have benefits for our citizens.”
According to him, a new agreement on strategic partnership can be reached between the EU and Azerbaijan by the 2020 Brussels Summit.
"The issue of Azerbaijan's occupied territories should be resolved. From the occupied territories, natural resources, goods and services are being marketed to EU countries. The EU must not allow violations of the relevant rules. Individuals and legal entities must be prevented from violating Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. Companies from the EU countries, their branches and subsidiaries operated in Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding areas and violated the legislation of Azerbaijan. Armenia is indicated as the producing country on these products. However, if we talk about mineral and natural resources, Armenia exploits and sells them to the EU,” he said.
Mammad-Guliyev called for the establishment of a working group to give legal assessment to such issues.
The deputy minister expressed confidence that cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan will further develop.
Related news releases
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan names new deputy foreign minister
- 15.05.2018Palestinian ambassador: Trump ‘added fuel to the fire’ - INTERVIEW
- 15.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives former president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov met with the EU High Representative
- 14.05.2018President Aliyev congratulates Malaysian PM
- 14.05.2018ACRE staff member asks Baku not to blacklist him for visiting occupied lands
- 13.05.2018Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov departed to Belgium to attend the international conference on the victims of ethnic and religious violence in the Middle East
- 12.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in Pennsylvania
- 11.05.2018Illegal “charter” signed between France’s Alfortville and Armenian-occupied Lachin city of Azerbaijan annulled
- 11.05.2018Santa Fe proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan says intends to intensify border delimitation talks with Georgia
- 10.05.2018Deputy FM: Demarcation work between Azerbaijan, Russia to continue for 3-4 years
- 10.05.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet prior to Astana summit
- 10.05.2018Ali Hasanov comments on Helsinki Commission hearings on Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2018Russian diplomat: Convention on Caspian Sea’s legal status may be signed at Astana summit
- 09.05.2018Governor of U.S. State of Nevada honors 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 08.05.2018Putin sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.05.2018Content of joint statement of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee publicized
- 08.05.2018Sajjad Karim: Joint statement of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting supports co-op
- 08.05.2018EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee adopts joint statement
- 08.05.2018Ambassador: European companies engaged in extracting gold in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.05.2018EU does not import any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh: EU official
- 07.05.2018Azerbaijani, Russian presidents hold phone talk
- 07.05.2018Luc Devigne: EU ready to help Azerbaijan become transport hub and diversify its economy
- 08.05.2018Charity event dedicated to 95th birthday anniversary of Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev held in Los Angeles
- 07.05.2018Sajjad Karim: Azerbaijan’s stability of huge importance to EU
- 07.05.2018EU’s recognition of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is of great importance – deputy FM
- 07.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: EU is Azerbaijan’s largest trade partner - UPDATED