Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening mutually beneficial economic cooperation and trade relations” was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku March 13, APA reports.
Deputy Minister of Economy of Azerbaijan Niyazi Safarov said in his speech that Silk Road plays an important role in providing access to the market for new countries and that Azerbaijan is trying to make the Silk Road attractive for suppliers.
Vice-President of the OSCE PA, Romanian MP Victor Paul Dobre noted that Romania has established strategic partnership relations with Azerbaijan, and that in 2009 a memorandum was signed between the two countries.
"The OSCE considers it important to encourage economic cooperation between the Black Sea, Caucasus and Central Asia regions,” he said.
Boleslav Pirshtuk, head of the Belarusian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the relations between Belarus and China have reached a level of strategic partnership.
He noted that Belarus plays a role of the major transport and logistics center in the Eurasian region.
“Over 100 million tons of cargo is transported from Belarus annually. About 90 percent of these loads are transported to Russia and Europe. Belarus-China High-Tech Park has been established near Minsk. The Silk Road is also favorable in terms of creating an innovative economy. The goal of Belarus is to become one of the 30 most favorable countries for business,” Pirshtuk added.
Roman Haider, a member of the Austrian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the development of economic cooperation is among Austria’s priorities.
The Austrian MP also proposed establishing the Silk Road Day.
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA to observe upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018George Tsereteli: Economic cooperation among OSCE priorities
- 13.03.2018North-South Corridor important for establishing direct connection between India, Azerbaijan – envoy