Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening mutually beneficial economic cooperation and trade relations” was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku March 13, APA reports.
Deputy Minister of Economy of Azerbaijan Niyazi Safarov said in his speech that Silk Road plays an important role in providing access to the market for new countries and that Azerbaijan is trying to make the Silk Road attractive for suppliers.
Vice-President of the OSCE PA, Romanian MP Victor Paul Dobre noted that Romania has established strategic partnership relations with Azerbaijan, and that in 2009 a memorandum was signed between the two countries.
"The OSCE considers it important to encourage economic cooperation between the Black Sea, Caucasus and Central Asia regions,” he said.
Boleslav Pirshtuk, head of the Belarusian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the relations between Belarus and China have reached a level of strategic partnership.
He noted that Belarus plays a role of the major transport and logistics center in the Eurasian region.
“Over 100 million tons of cargo is transported from Belarus annually. About 90 percent of these loads are transported to Russia and Europe. Belarus-China High-Tech Park has been established near Minsk. The Silk Road is also favorable in terms of creating an innovative economy. The goal of Belarus is to become one of the 30 most favorable countries for business,” Pirshtuk added.
Roman Haider, a member of the Austrian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the development of economic cooperation is among Austria’s priorities.
The Austrian MP also proposed establishing the Silk Road Day.
- 25.06.2018Georgian ambassador to Azerbaijan ends diplomatic mission
- 25.06.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE itself needs reforms
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of Pakistani Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee - UPDATED
- 25.06.2018Roaming agreement of Etisalat with “Karabakh Telecom” cancelled: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.06.2018Afghanistan’s state and NGO reps expected to attend Int’l Contact Group meeting in Baku
- 25.06.2018PACE elects new president
- 25.06.2018Russian State Duma: Azerbaijan always displayed constructive position towards Karabakh conflict
- 25.06.2018Afghan government to hold peace talks with Taliban in Baku - EXCLUSIVE
- 25.06.2018PACE summer session kicks off today
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA to observe upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018George Tsereteli: Economic cooperation among OSCE priorities
- 13.03.2018North-South Corridor important for establishing direct connection between India, Azerbaijan – envoy