EU does not import any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh: EU official
Azerbaijan is a major factor in the region’s stability, said Ambassador Kamil Khasiyev, representative of the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry.
He made the statement in his speech on the negotiations and the current situation in respect of settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict at the second session of the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee in Baku on May 8, APA reports.
Khasiyev said Azerbaijan has been able to create not only bilateral but also trilateral cooperation formats.
"If we look at the format of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral cooperation today, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil, Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline, Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line projects have been implemented. At present, the TANAP project is being implemented. The Azerbaijani-Russian-Iranian trilateral cooperation format plays a role in the formation of the North-South transport corridor. We are one of the most active participants in regional projects. I have been the ambassador of Azerbaijan to Croatia. European Union countries also have the opportunity to join the projects that Azerbaijan is a member of. One such project is TAP. Greece, Italy and Albania are among the participants in this project. By regional cooperation, we refer to other initiatives of cooperation with other regions,” he added.
Vassilis Maragos, Head of Unit at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations said that Azerbaijan is a member of the Eastern Partnership program.
“This is also a form of regional cooperation. The EU supports the Southern Gas Corridor project. Our trade relations with Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia are expanding within the association agreement. We hope that a new agreement with Azerbaijan will play its role in increasing trade relations. On the other hand, representation of the EU in Azerbaijan renders assistance to the country through various programs. We expect for investment programs to be implemented in transport area at the end of this year. 200 million euros have been allocated for the Eastern Partnership countries on exchange of youth at the academic level. We will cooperate with Azerbaijan in this field as well. The exchange program will last till 2020,” he noted.
Maragos emphasized that the EU does not import any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh.
“We are talking about the cases of abuse related to origin countries. The European Commission has sent relevant notifications to countries. From this point of view, I do not think that we demonstrate double standards on this issue. The EU does not export any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan on July 24
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 08.05.2018Ambassador: European companies engaged in extracting gold in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.05.2018EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee adopts joint statement
- 08.05.2018Sajjad Karim: Joint statement of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting supports co-op
- 08.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Armenia busy with its own problems
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan calls on EU to prevent activities of legal entities and individuals in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry issues statement on occupation of Shusha