Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
The final declaration adopted at the summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) in Istanbul on May 16 does not include a paragraph on al-Quds (Jerusalem).
Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) Ismail Kahraman said that there is no indifference to the current events in the region.
"Therefore, we wanted a paragraph on al-Quds to be included in the final declaration of the Summit. However, representatives of some states have said they will discuss the issue with their foreign ministries and can not sign a final statement without the consent of diplomatic bodies. We respect their position, but we strongly believe that the governments of the member states will not be indifferent to the events in al-Quds and will state their position on the final statement to the General Secretariat in the coming days. We will sign the final declaration after learning their official position,” he said.
Asaf Hajiyev, Secretary General of the PABSEC said that he was convinced that the heads of the delegations would receive answers within 10 days. He underlined that if the amendment proposed by Turkey is supported by the majority of member countries, it will be included in the final declaration.
Declaration of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) was adopted by member states on May 11. After the beginning of the summit on May 16, Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Ismail Kahraman offered to add a paragraph to the document on the last events that took place in al-Quds. Heads of Serbian, Bulgarian and Russian delegations opposed the offer of Ismail Kahraman. Despite Kahraman’s insistence, Chairperson of the Bulgarian National Assembly Tsveta Karayancheva opposed the offer.
Ukrainian delegation expressed wish to add an article on “Russia's aggressive policy” to the document. In his turn, Head of Russian delegation, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Pyotr Tolstoy accused the Ukrainian state of genocide.
“Then we must bring to the agenda the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, the issue of the occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia. We have adopted a final declaration. Time was given for Turkey’s proposal on al-Quds. We will express our thoughts to the Secretariat, and if there are majority of votes, a new article will be added to the document,” the speaker noted.
Ogtay Asadov was awarded order for his services in the Assembly’s activity at the end of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly held in Istanbul.
The summit was ended.
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 04.12.2012Geneva hosts bilateral and multilateral negotiations on Azerbaijan’s WTO membership
- 04.12.2012Next meeting of UAE -Azerbaijan interstate commission to be held in Abu Dhabi
- 04.12.2012Chief of Pakistani Naval Staff: “We are ready to provide any kind of assistance for the liberation of the occupied Azerbaijani territories”
- 03.12.2012US Department of State representative on public diplomacy to arrive in Azerbaijan
- 03.12.2012Elman Abdullayev: “Azerbaijan will never allow using its area to strike the third side”
- 03.12.2012Date of Azerbaijan-EU talks on association agreement made public