Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
The final declaration adopted at the summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) in Istanbul on May 16 does not include a paragraph on al-Quds (Jerusalem).
Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) Ismail Kahraman said that there is no indifference to the current events in the region.
"Therefore, we wanted a paragraph on al-Quds to be included in the final declaration of the Summit. However, representatives of some states have said they will discuss the issue with their foreign ministries and can not sign a final statement without the consent of diplomatic bodies. We respect their position, but we strongly believe that the governments of the member states will not be indifferent to the events in al-Quds and will state their position on the final statement to the General Secretariat in the coming days. We will sign the final declaration after learning their official position,” he said.
Asaf Hajiyev, Secretary General of the PABSEC said that he was convinced that the heads of the delegations would receive answers within 10 days. He underlined that if the amendment proposed by Turkey is supported by the majority of member countries, it will be included in the final declaration.
Declaration of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) was adopted by member states on May 11. After the beginning of the summit on May 16, Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Ismail Kahraman offered to add a paragraph to the document on the last events that took place in al-Quds. Heads of Serbian, Bulgarian and Russian delegations opposed the offer of Ismail Kahraman. Despite Kahraman’s insistence, Chairperson of the Bulgarian National Assembly Tsveta Karayancheva opposed the offer.
Ukrainian delegation expressed wish to add an article on “Russia's aggressive policy” to the document. In his turn, Head of Russian delegation, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Pyotr Tolstoy accused the Ukrainian state of genocide.
“Then we must bring to the agenda the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, the issue of the occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia. We have adopted a final declaration. Time was given for Turkey’s proposal on al-Quds. We will express our thoughts to the Secretariat, and if there are majority of votes, a new article will be added to the document,” the speaker noted.
Ogtay Asadov was awarded order for his services in the Assembly’s activity at the end of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly held in Istanbul.
The summit was ended.
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan names new deputy foreign minister
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION