First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva has met with a delegation led by Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta, APA reports.
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva expressed her gratitude to Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta for the friendly attitude and attention towards Azerbaijan. Noting that this year marks the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Italy, Mehriban Aliyeva hailed the existence of successful bilateral relations, which meet mutual interests.
Hailing successful development of Azerbaijan-Italy relations, Mehriban Aliyeva said cooperation between the two countries covers political, economic and humanitarian spheres. The First Vice-President said Azerbaijan makes its contribution to Europe's energy security, noting that the implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project will further enhance Azerbaijan's role in ensuring European energy security. First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva said that having joined TAP project, Italy successfully cooperates with Azerbaijan in this field. Saying that 60 per cent of the construction work of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) has been done, the First Vice-President expressed her hope that the pipeline will be put into operation on time.
Emphasizing development of Azerbaijan-Italy relations in many areas, Mehriban Aliyeva noted that there is a much greater potential. The First Vice-President expressed her confidence that this potential will be used more effectively in the future. Mehriban Aliyeva underlined the possibility of the implementation of humanitarian projects bringing the two countries and nations closer to each other.
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva expressed her hope that the visit of the Vice President of the Italian Senate to Azerbaijan will give a new impetus to the steps taken in this area.
Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta thanked for the meeting and expressed her country's interest in developing bilateral relations.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 03.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution