FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
The next round of negotiations on a new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union is planned for the end of the first quarter of the beginning of the second quarter of 2018, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov said in an interview with RIA Novosti, APA reports.
He noted that this document will serve as an important framework for the comprehensive development of relations between Azerbaijan and the EU.
“The document envisages prospects for cooperation in the political, economic, trade, energy, transport and humanitarian spheres,” Mammadyarov said.
The top diplomat also referred to the visa issue between Azerbaijan and the EU.
“This issue is regulated by the agreement on visa facilitation and readmission. We believe that the achievements gained under this agreement open up opportunities for cooperation in liberalization of the visa regime,” he added.
Mammadyarov stressed that the cooperation with the EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly relations with Russia.
“Our participation in any partner project can not serve against the interests of other partners, there is no such purpose or intention. As a strategic partnership between Azerbaijan and Russia does not affect EU-Azerbaijan ties, our relations with the EU do not affect friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Russia, which are of strategic importance,” he said.
Related news releases
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan