Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan enjoys very close ties with Muslim countries
Azerbaijan has very close relations with Muslim countries, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said on Tuesday.
“We actively cooperate on a bilateral basis and support one another in the international arena. We enjoy successful cooperation especially with the countries represented in the UN and other international organizations,” said President Aliyev addressing a meeting with ambassadors and heads of diplomatic missions of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan, which was held on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan, APA reported.
Azerbaijan is an active member of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), said the president noting that many prestigious events were held in Azerbaijan under the auspices of this organization.
President Aliyev recalled that OIC member countries reaffirmed their support for Azerbaijan at the summit held in Turkey last year.
At the same time, Ilham Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan supports Muslim countries in all international organizations.
“At last year’s summit, OIC member states took important steps in connection with the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and adopted several resolutions and documents in support of Azerbaijan’s right stance on the settlement of the conflict,” said the president.
President Aliyev also reminded that last year a Contact Group was created within OIC to deal with Armenia’s aggression.
“We highly appreciate the creation of the Contact Group. The support and solidarity provided by Muslim countries are highly important for us. I’m grateful to OIC member countries for their support,” he added.
Related news releases
- 28.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “The Southern Gas Corridor is the only new source of gas supplies to Europe”
- 27.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Declaration signed between Azerbaijan and Poland is a very serious political document
- 27.06.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Poland hold expanded meeting - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Polish president: We would like to create a direct railway line between Azerbaijan and Poland
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Warsaw - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan, Poland sign documents
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents make statements to the press
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents exchange gifts
- 27.06.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Warsaw
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Warsaw for official visit
- 26.06.2017Uncertainty continues over Agramunt’s PACE presidency
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Russian deputy prime minister
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Executive Chairman of Formula One Group
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received editor-in-chief of Russian “Zavtra” newspaper
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Slovenian president
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Croatian president
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to France
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Georgia should implement joint educational projects - UPDATED
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to demand explanation from Czech Foreign Ministry on ambassador’s statements
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan's candidate for UNESCO director-general visits Germany
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Costa Rican counterpart in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates new Saudi crown prince
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Costa Rican FM
- 23.06.2017Malena Mard: I will get back to work in Swedish foreign ministry
- 23.06.2017UK Ambassador: Azerbaijan is not only a major global energy player but also a source of opportunity for other areas of business
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president: “Need to give dynamism to the relations between Azerbaijan and Moldova”
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani president: Muslim countries should solve problems among themselves peacefully
- 13.06.2017Palestinian envoy: Azerbaijan at forefront of efforts to address many challenges
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani president receives delegation led by Bulgarian prosecutor general - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives ambassadors of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives co-rapporteurs of PACE Monitoring Committee
- 13.06.2017Next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks to start in Baku today