Mammadyarov: Aviation agreement with EU to give impetus to development of tourism in Azerbaijan
The EU-Azerbaijan aviation agreement will give impetus to the development of tourism in Azerbaijan, said Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov at a joint press conference with EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Federica Mogherini.
The press conference was held following the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Cooperation Council in Brussels on Feb. 9, APA reports.
Mammadyarov said negotiations on the agreement are underway, noting that there is a need for dialogue between the EU and Azerbaijan in the field of transport.
"I believe that both energy and transport are essential for further development,” he added.
Mammadyarov said that the 4th meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council will be held in Baku on February 15.
"I believe that this year TANAP will be opened. Azerbaijan and the EU are continuously exchanging views on regional security issues. I think that exchange of ideas in the future will be useful not only for Azerbaijan, but also for Europe,” Mammadyarov added.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 06.06.2016Caspian Sea’s legal status to be mulled in Moscow
- 06.06.2016Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus Group vice-president in Berlin
- 06.06.2016Azerbaijani president meets with German-Azerbaijani Forum Board chairman
- 06.06.2016Azerbaijani president embarks on working visit to Germany
- 06.06.2016Foreigners can get visa in Azerbaijan starting from June 6
- 04.06.2016Turkish minister: “Those who discuss the events of 100 years ago, for some reason, do not see the bloody crimes in the recent past, do not discuss the occupation of 20 percent of Azerbaijani lands”