Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaiajn’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Montenegrin counterpart Srdjan Darmanovic in Baku on Thursday.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the development of friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Montenegro and stressed that high-level mutual visits provide substantial impetus for the development of bilateral cooperation between the two countries, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
Darmanovic underlined that Azerbaijan plays constructive and stabilizing role in the region and his country highly appreciates regular high-level dialogue between the parties.
The ministers mentioned the importance of the documents signed between the two countries.
Mammadyarov noted the recently launched Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and said that this strategically important project is the shortest and most affordable way to connect Europe with Asia. Darmanovic congratulated Azerbaijani side for launching of this strategic project.
During the meeting, the cooperation in energy field between the two countries, Southern Gas Corridor and in this regards, strategic importance of TANAP and TAP projects was noted.
The sides commended activity of Azerbaijani companies in Montenegro and mentioned that strengthening of cooperation in this direction is in the interests of both countries. They also stressed the importance of holding business forums in order to promote mutual investments and increase trade turnover between the two countries. The prospects of bilateral cooperation in the fields of tourism, science-education, sport-youth, technology were also discussed.
Ministers noted that Joint Commission on economic cooperation between Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Government of Montenegro is significant platform for the development of cooperation in various fields.
Mammadyarov touched upon the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and reiterated just position of Azerbaijan on settlement based on the norms and principles of international law and the Helsinki Final Act.
Darmanovic said that his country supports the peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group on the basis of UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the cooperation within the international organizations and regional issues of mutual interest.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic, who is on a visit to Baku, kicked off.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers is scheduled to hold a joint press conference following the talks.
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on re-election
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017Montenegro interested in TAP project – FM
- 02.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, Montenegro enjoy good relations within int’l organizations
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan – a strategic partner for Montenegro: FM Darmanovic