Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaiajn’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Montenegrin counterpart Srdjan Darmanovic in Baku on Thursday.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the development of friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Montenegro and stressed that high-level mutual visits provide substantial impetus for the development of bilateral cooperation between the two countries, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
Darmanovic underlined that Azerbaijan plays constructive and stabilizing role in the region and his country highly appreciates regular high-level dialogue between the parties.
The ministers mentioned the importance of the documents signed between the two countries.
Mammadyarov noted the recently launched Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and said that this strategically important project is the shortest and most affordable way to connect Europe with Asia. Darmanovic congratulated Azerbaijani side for launching of this strategic project.
During the meeting, the cooperation in energy field between the two countries, Southern Gas Corridor and in this regards, strategic importance of TANAP and TAP projects was noted.
The sides commended activity of Azerbaijani companies in Montenegro and mentioned that strengthening of cooperation in this direction is in the interests of both countries. They also stressed the importance of holding business forums in order to promote mutual investments and increase trade turnover between the two countries. The prospects of bilateral cooperation in the fields of tourism, science-education, sport-youth, technology were also discussed.
Ministers noted that Joint Commission on economic cooperation between Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Government of Montenegro is significant platform for the development of cooperation in various fields.
Mammadyarov touched upon the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and reiterated just position of Azerbaijan on settlement based on the norms and principles of international law and the Helsinki Final Act.
Darmanovic said that his country supports the peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group on the basis of UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the cooperation within the international organizations and regional issues of mutual interest.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic, who is on a visit to Baku, kicked off.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers is scheduled to hold a joint press conference following the talks.
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink several documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani presidents kicks off
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives NATO delegation
- 19.06.2010President Joao Soares: “I am disappointed that the OSCE efforts on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict have not yet born fruit”
- 19.06.2010Turkish delegation discusses Turkey-Armenia normalization process, Nagorno-Karabakh peace process and Turkey-Israel crises in Washington
- 21.06.2010PACE summer session starts today, issue on Azerbaijan will be discussed on June 24
- 18.06.2010Austrian Minister for European and International Affairs: We are ready to back every diplomatic initiative for a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict – EXCLUSIVE - INTERVIEW
- 18.06.2010Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: The meetings held on the level of the presidents always offer opportunities to approximate positions in the resolution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 18.06.2010Azerbaijani ambassador to India rewarded with “Green diplomatist award”