Military parade in Azerbaijan causes serious panic in Armenian leadership – Foreign Ministry
The June 26 military parade in Azerbaijan caused serious panic in the Armenian leadership, especially in the Armenian Foreign Ministry and Defense Ministry, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
“The reaction of Armenia’s foreign minister and the activity in Twitter of the Armenian foreign ministry spokesman, who has not made a single meaningful statement until today, are a proof of this panic,” Hajiyev said in response to his Armenian colleague’s remarks.
The reason for such zeal of the Armenian foreign ministry spokesman, left by ex-president Serzh Sargsyan, may be the fear of losing his post, noted Hajiyev.
“What else can you expect from the man who formerly served Sargsyan’s military junta regime, which was the enemy of the Armenian people, and praised Sargsyan through “keyboard diplomacy”? Therefore, it is not difficult to understand the reason for my Armenian colleague’s frequent reference to the character of Shere Khan’s friend in Kipling's Mowgli,” he said.
Hajiyev stressed that every Azerbaijani citizen was proud of watching the June 26 military parade in Baku and listening to the Supreme Commander-in-Chief’s speech.
“If Armenia is concerned about the growing power of the Azerbaijani army, then it should put an end to the occupation and withdraw its troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, as enshrined in UN Security Council resolutions,” he added.
Hajiyev also advised his Armenian colleagues, especially the Armenian foreign ministry spokesman to take an example from other countries, improve their professionalism and to avoid making themselves ridiculous.
“It’s also difficult to us to comment on delusional and illogical statement,” Hajiyev added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 27.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has always felt US support in realization of energy projects - UPDATED
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Qatari ambassador
- 27.06.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions already ‘an outdated issue’
- 27.06.2018Samad Seyidov: Some NGOs seek to change government in Azerbaijan
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani deputy FM visits Armenia
- 27.06.2018U.S. State Department rep to visit Azerbaijan