Nagorno-Karabakh conflict issue raised at GUAM PA session
The issue of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict was raised at the 10th annual session of the GUAM Parliamentary Assembly in Tbilisi.
GUAM countries are faced with a common problem – the issue of territorial integrity, Azer Karimli, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the GUAM PA, said addressing the annual session, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
He noted that regional security is of strategic importance.
“Twenty percent of Azerbaijani territory is still under Armenian occupation. Armenia still ignores the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh and similar decisions adopted by other international organizations,” said Karimli. “The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored, more than a million Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs must return to their native lands.”
The Azerbaijani MP urged the international community to ramp up efforts towards the settlement of the conflict.
Karimli also emphasized the significant contribution made by Azerbaijan to the energy security of the region and Europe.
He noted that the commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway on October 30 is a historic event.
“This is the shortest and most reliable route between Europe and Asia. Projects like the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars increase the attractiveness of the region,” added the Azerbaijani MP.
The GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development is a regional organization of four post-Soviet states: Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Moldova.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence
- 03.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Donald Trump on Independence Day
- 03.07.2018Permanent representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey address letter to UN Sec-Gen
- 03.07.2018About the tragicomic decision of PACE or the anatomy of “for life sanctioning” of 14 persons
- 18.12.2017Maros Sefcovic: Azerbaijan is a strategic energy partner for EU - INTERVIEW
- 18.12.2017Member countries’ unified position is GUAM’s main achievement – Secretary General
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijan is a very reliable partner for NATO – Hungarian envoy
- 18.12.2017Georgian FM: Conflicts in GUAM countries hamper regional development
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA