Nagorno-Karabakh conflict issue raised at GUAM PA session
The issue of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict was raised at the 10th annual session of the GUAM Parliamentary Assembly in Tbilisi.
GUAM countries are faced with a common problem – the issue of territorial integrity, Azer Karimli, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the GUAM PA, said addressing the annual session, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
He noted that regional security is of strategic importance.
“Twenty percent of Azerbaijani territory is still under Armenian occupation. Armenia still ignores the UN Security Council resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh and similar decisions adopted by other international organizations,” said Karimli. “The territorial integrity of Azerbaijan must be restored, more than a million Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs must return to their native lands.”
The Azerbaijani MP urged the international community to ramp up efforts towards the settlement of the conflict.
Karimli also emphasized the significant contribution made by Azerbaijan to the energy security of the region and Europe.
He noted that the commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway on October 30 is a historic event.
“This is the shortest and most reliable route between Europe and Asia. Projects like the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars increase the attractiveness of the region,” added the Azerbaijani MP.
The GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development is a regional organization of four post-Soviet states: Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Moldova.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 13.07.2013Foreign Ministry's spokesman: “Minister once more expressed Azerbaijan’s position to the co-chairs and Edward Nalbandian”
- 13.07.2013Azerbaijan's President congratulates French President
- 15.07.2013French Ambassador: ‘This year is not lost for Nagorno-Karabakh resolution’
- 13.07.2013OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights to deploy Election Observation Mission for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2013Turkish Foreign Ministry gives tough response to Armenian Prosecutor General's statements
- 12.07.2013MP Elkhan Suleymanov: “A decision on not sending observation mission to Azerbaijan was made by the Conference of Presidents and Coordination Group”