Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
Azerbaijan is successfully implementing the Southern Gas Corridor project, the country’s prime minister, Novruz Mammadov, said in his speech at the 2018 CAMCA Regional Forum on Friday.
CAMCA (Central Asia-Mongolia-Caucasus-Afghanistan) Regional Forum is a non-political and non-partisan Forum established to promote region-wide discussions on means of advancing economic growth and social development in Greater Central Asia (Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).
The prime minister said that Azerbaijan is implementing huge projects in the energy sector.
"Today TANAP and TAP are the continuation of these projects. One could expect stronger support for these projects by countries in need of energy, but, unfortunately, it is obvious that sometimes small feelings interfere with such big goals," Mammadov added.
He noted that Azerbaijan took very big steps to ensure peace, security and stability both in the country and in the region. At the same time, the country is carrying out major international events, which have turned into a process on dialogue among civilizations, he said.
“In May, we celebrated the centenary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic,” he added. “A hundred years ago, the Azerbaijani people created the first democratic republic in the East and granted suffrage to women. In the 19th century, Azerbaijani writers, for example, Ismail Gutgashinli, wrote in French. This reflects Azerbaijan’s historical attitude towards Europe. However, we don’t see justice regarding Azerbaijan. Some support was provided to Azerbaijan, but this support is not enough. The European press has been, for a long time, doing publications in connection with small events, but it is impossible to see a fundamental publication about more than one million Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs.”
The prime minister stressed that despite four resolutions of the UN Security Council in connection with the occupation of Azerbaijani territories, up until this day, the issue hasn’t been handled the right way.
There is practically no concept of justice in international relations, he noted.
“In their speeches, publications, the heads of major states don’t talk about international law, justice,” Mammadov said. “When there is no justice, there is no right approach. Azerbaijan has been waiting for a fair position on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict for 25 years. When there is no justice, such a situation emerges in the world.”
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 06.06.2018EU must engage with Azerbaijan or Putin will
- 07.06.2018Santa Monica proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 06.06.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic solemnly marked in Washington, DC
- 06.06.2018PACE to elect new president at summer session
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Bulgarian envoy