Oettinger: European Commission to further support Azerbaijan’s projects connecting EU with other regions
The head of state recalled his meetings with Oettinger in Baku and at various international events.
Speaking about the official opening of the Southern Gas Corridor, President Aliyev noted that this event is of great importance in terms of ensuring Europe’s energy security. The Azerbaijani president praised the support of the European Union and Oettinger’s contribution to the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor.
In his turn, Oettinger wished President Aliyev success in the new presidential term and congratulated him on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and the official opening of the Southern Gas Corridor.
Referring to the opening of the Southern Gas Corridor, Oettinger described it as a very important event. He stressed the importance of this corridor in terms of unifying Azerbaijan and the region to Europe.
He noted that the Southern Gas Corridor is of global importance and the realization of this corridor, in its turn, will give impetus to the development of transport, agriculture, ICT and tourism in Azerbaijan and the region.
Oettinger expressed confidence that the organization he represents will further support Azerbaijan’s global and regional projects that will connect the EU with the world’s other regions.
During the meeting, the sides expressed hopes that talks on a new partnership agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU will soon successfully finalize and cover cooperation in political, economic, humanitarian, cultural and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 31.05.2018Brink: U.S. interested in deepening bilateral trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Azerbaijan’s sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity important for EU
- 01.06.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 31.05.2018President of Presidium of DPRK Supreme People’s Assembly sends letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 31.05.2018MFA: Azerbaijan recognizes Georgia’s territorial integrity, sovereignty
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan says ready for substantive talks with Armenia