Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
The anti-Azerbaijani resolution “Afgan Mukhtarli and the state of Azerbaijani media”, passed by the European Parliament on June 15, causes regret and will harm bilateral relations, the first deputy speaker of Azerbaijan’s parliament, Ziyafat Asgarov, told APA.
“After seeing the resolution’s text, I got the impression that the document had been prepared based on unverified data,” said Asgarov commenting on the European Parliament’s latest resolution.
He noted that the resolution points to the conclusion that anti-Azerbaijan circles based in Europe, especially the Armenian lobby, are annoyed by Azerbaijan pursuing its independent policy.
Such a move made by a strict organization like the European Parliament under the influence and pressure of these circles has caused confusion in Azerbaijan, the deputy speaker added.
He stressed that the adoption of such a resolution in the period of resumption of Azerbaijan’s membership of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly since 2016 and steadily developing relations between Azerbaijani Parliament and the European Parliament will harm bilateral relations.
Asgarov went on to say that Azerbaijan is not an EU member and does not have any obligations to it.
The European Parliament’s resolution has no significant for Azerbaijan, he said.
“I hope that sound forces in the EU and the European Parliament will prevent such biased and malicious actions against Azerbaijan,” added the deputy speaker.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 06.05.2018The OIC Council of Foreign Ministers supported the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: EU is Azerbaijan’s largest trade partner - UPDATED
- 07.05.2018EU’s recognition of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is of great importance – deputy FM
- 04.05.2018Official Exchange Rates
- 04.05.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend OIC Council of Foreign Ministers session in Dhaka
- 04.05.2018May 28 declared Republic Day of Azerbaijan in Pittsburgh, USA