President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister of Justice of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria Tayeb Louh.
President Ilham Aliyev praised numerous fruitful meetings held by the Algerian Justice Minister Tayeb Louh in Azerbaijan, describing the reciprocal visits at the ministerial level as an indicative of the successful development of judicial cooperation between the two countries. The President expressed Azerbaijan’s keenness to enhance bilateral relations with Algeria, pointing out the excellent political ties between the two countries. He underlined Azerbaijan-Algeria successful cooperation within international organizations, including the United Nations and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
President Ilham Aliyev pointed to Azerbaijan`s contribution to the Islamic solidarity, saying that last year was proclaimed as the Year of Islamic Solidarity in Azerbaijan and the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games were held in Baku. The head of state noted the importance of paying greater attention to economic cooperation and increasing trade at the next stage of bilateral relations. The President also said that the expansion of humanitarian cooperation, including people-to-people contacts and reciprocal visits of tourists is of crucial importance.
The head of state expressed his confidence that bilateral relations between the two countries will continue successfully developing.
Minister of Justice of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria Tayeb Louh extended President Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s greetings and congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev on his re-election as President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. He noted that the Algerian President wishes President Ilham Aliyev new successes in his presidential activities and the people of Azerbaijan everlasting development and progress under his wise leadership.
Minister Tayeb Louh noted that the Algerian head of state attaches great importance to the development of relations with Azerbaijan, adding he gave appropriate instructions in this regard. The minister noted that Azerbaijan and Algeria enjoy historical ties, saying this relationship continues successfully developing.
The head of state thanked for the greetings and congratulations of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, and asked the minister to extend his greetings to the Algerian President.
The sides also exchanged views on prospects for bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 25.06.2018PACE summer session kicks off today
- 25.06.2018Afghan government to hold peace talks with Taliban in Baku - EXCLUSIVE
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea