Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan considers it important to step up efforts to further strengthen CIS
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by chairman of the Executive Committee and Executive Secretary of the CIS, head of the CIS observation mission for the presidential election Sergey Lebedev.
Lebedev congratulated Ilham Aliyev on his convincing victory in the presidential election.
"The election results are a manifestation of the huge respect the Azerbaijani people have for you. As the Chairman of the CIS Executive Committee, I would like to add that you have great influence in the whole Commonwealth of Independent States,” he noted.
Lebedev expressed his gratitude to the Azerbaijani president for his support for the CIS’s activities, voicing confidence that Azerbaijan will actively cooperate with this organization during the new presidential term.
Lebedev, who noted that 221 observers from 8 states took part in the mission, wished Azerbaijan and the people of Azerbaijan prosperity and successful development.
Expressing his gratitude for the warm words and congratulations, President Aliyev emphasized the importance of the activities of the CIS observation mission.
The president noted that Azerbaijan attaches great importance to cooperation with the CIS and considers it important to step up efforts to further strengthen the organization.
President Aliyev praised Lebedev’s activities aimed at increasing the international reputation of the CIS.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 12.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE announce preliminary results of election observation in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Nursultan Nazarbayev sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Ukraine’s Poroshenko phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by co-chairman of Turkey-Azerbaijan inter-parliamentary friendship group
- 12.04.2018Vladimir Putin phones Ilham Aliyev