Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Pierre-Alain Raphan on his election to the French parliament and welcomed his appointment as head of the French-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
The head of state said Pierre-Alain Raphan’s visit to Azerbaijani will create a good opportunity for him to closely familiarize himself with the country.
Hailing successful development of Azerbaijani-French relations, President Ilham Aliyev said cooperation in the fields of politics, economy, energy and infrastructure has yielded good results.
The head of state emphasized the importance of long-term operation of numerous French companies in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev also noted the role of France as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group in the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “However, the Armenian lobby is making every effort to mislead the international community and impede the fair settlement of the conflict by spreading fabricated and false information about Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh in different countries of the world.”
Pointing to the broad agenda of the bilateral relations between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that these relations would be strengthened in the years to come.
Head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan said he is greatly honored to meet with President Ilham Aliyev and proud with his appointment as head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
“All of us including French President Emmanuel Macron wish that France-Azerbaijan relations would reach a higher level,” Pierre-Alain Raphan said.
He also stressed the importance of continuing to work to strengthen political, economic and cultural ties between the two countries. Pierre-Alain Raphan underlined the necessity of raising the French society’s awareness of the true essence of the Azerbaijani realities. Touching upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Pierre-Alain Raphan noted that France is committed to the existing resolutions on the settlement of the dispute.
They also exchanged views on cooperation in space industry, construction, transport, water economy, subway, railway, military-technical and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijani FM in Sweden on official visit
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy