Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Pierre-Alain Raphan on his election to the French parliament and welcomed his appointment as head of the French-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
The head of state said Pierre-Alain Raphan’s visit to Azerbaijani will create a good opportunity for him to closely familiarize himself with the country.
Hailing successful development of Azerbaijani-French relations, President Ilham Aliyev said cooperation in the fields of politics, economy, energy and infrastructure has yielded good results.
The head of state emphasized the importance of long-term operation of numerous French companies in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev also noted the role of France as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group in the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “However, the Armenian lobby is making every effort to mislead the international community and impede the fair settlement of the conflict by spreading fabricated and false information about Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh in different countries of the world.”
Pointing to the broad agenda of the bilateral relations between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that these relations would be strengthened in the years to come.
Head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan said he is greatly honored to meet with President Ilham Aliyev and proud with his appointment as head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
“All of us including French President Emmanuel Macron wish that France-Azerbaijan relations would reach a higher level,” Pierre-Alain Raphan said.
He also stressed the importance of continuing to work to strengthen political, economic and cultural ties between the two countries. Pierre-Alain Raphan underlined the necessity of raising the French society’s awareness of the true essence of the Azerbaijani realities. Touching upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Pierre-Alain Raphan noted that France is committed to the existing resolutions on the settlement of the dispute.
They also exchanged views on cooperation in space industry, construction, transport, water economy, subway, railway, military-technical and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink several documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani presidents kicks off
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives NATO delegation
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijani FM in Sweden on official visit
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy