President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta.
Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta said that her visit to Azerbaijan was fruitful and interesting, stressing its importance in terms of strengthening friendship with Azerbaijan.
Noting that the energy sector is a key area for cooperation between the two countries, Linda Lanzillotta expressed her country`s commitment to the TAP project. She expressed her confidence that it is also very important in expanding relations between Azerbaijan and Italy.
Touching upon the work done to diversify the economy in Azerbaijan, the vice president said Italy is interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan in the fields of infrastructure and agriculture. Recalling Milan Expo 2015, Linda Lanzillotta noted that the Azerbaijani pavilion in the exhibition aroused great interest and was highly appreciated.
President Ilham Aliyev said that his country attaches great importance to developing Italy-Azerbaijan bilateral ties. The head of state noted that Italy is the major trade partner of Azerbaijan, emphasizing oil export plays a key role here. The President pointed out that the TAP project is of great importance in developing long-term cooperation between the two countries, and noted that this project is being successfully implemented on schedule, expressing hope that the work will be completed on time. President Ilham Aliyev also said that works in other parts of the Southern Gas Corridor, including Shahdeniz, South Caucasus Pipeline were implemented 100 percent, while TANAP more than 80 percent. Stressing the importance of the Southern Gas Corridor as a global energy security project, the head of state noted that Italy is one of the main countries where Azerbaijan will export gas, adding it is of particular importance in developing the bilateral bonds.
Underlining the significance of speeding up work to diversify the trade, the head of state stressed the necessity of focusing on other areas, including industry, agriculture, infrastructure and transport. Touching upon the participation of Italian companies in the projects, which are being implemented in Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev invited Italian companies to participate in infrastructure and other projects, which will be implemented in Baku and regions of the country.
They exchanged views over expansion of opportunities of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy in a variety of fields.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on re-election
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED