President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Secretary for Relations with States of the Holy See Archbishop Paul Richard Gallagher.
Secretary for Relations with States of the Holy See Archbishop Paul Richard Gallagher extended the greetings of Pope Francis and Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin to President Ilham Aliyev.
Saying this is his first visit to Azerbaijan, Archbishop Paul Richard Gallagher thanked the head of state for the high hospitality shown to them.
Archbishop Paul Richard Gallagher noted that he is well aware of Azerbaijan and expressed his pleasure with his visit to the country. He described this as an interesting fact to see development in Azerbaijan.
Hailing the promotion of the Ordinary of the Roman Catholic Church's Apostolic Prefecture in Azerbaijan Vladimir Fekete to the bishop's rank under the order of Pope Francis, Archbishop Gallagher described this as manifestation of the importance the Pope attaches to the Catholic community in Azerbaijan and relations with the country.
President Ilham Aliyev described Pope Francis' visit to Azerbaijan two years ago as an historic event, saying he bears warm memories about the trip. The head of state also recalled his official visit to the Vatican, and hailed the importance of the meetings he held with Pope Francis and Secretary of State Pietro Parolin. The President described this kind of high-level reciprocal visits as an indicative of close relations between Azerbaijan and the Vatican.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that the visit of Secretary for Relations with States of the Holy See Archbishop Paul Richard Gallagher to Azerbaijan will be fruitful, saying he is confident that the trip will contribute to the strengthening of current partnership between the two states.
Azerbaijan's great contribution to inter-religious and intercultural dialogue as an exemplary multicultural and tolerant country was pointed out at the meeting.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of Pope Francis and Secretary of State Pietro Parolin and asked the Archbishop to extend his greetings to the Pope Holy and the Vatican Secretary of State.
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs mull Karabakh separatists’ illegal visits to EU countries
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan asks France for support in talks on new deal with EU
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan, France to establish joint commission to boost ties
- 27.05.2018France’s Macron expected to visit Azerbaijan in late 2018
- 27.05.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani, French FMs kicks off in Baku
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit France in July
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev received French minister of Europe and foreign affairs - UPDATED
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights