Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
Estonia’s Ambassador-at-large for Eastern Partnership Jaan Reinhold, on behalf of the EU leaders and all ambassadors present at the meeting, said that the organization he represents pays special attention to relations with Azerbaijan, APA reported.
He noted that the cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan is developing in a positive way.
Pointing to significant progress that has recently achieved towards the new agreement, Reinhold pledged that the EU will continue to make every effort in this direction.
The Estonian ambassador-at-large, referring to the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, noted that the EU remains committed to the principles of the Eastern Partnership and related projects, and highly appreciates this cooperation.
The diplomat once again stressed that the EU-Azerbaijan relations are developing in a positive and dynamic manner. He added that the EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is based on strong foundations from the standpoint of the full realization of the existing potential.
The ambassador said that the development of Azerbaijan in the field of democratic reforms is of great importance, and the experience Azerbaijan gained in the field of freedom of religion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue is very valuable.
Reinhold mentioned that strategic cooperation in the energy sector is of great importance.
President Ilham Aliyev, who, in turn, touched on his visit to Brussels in February of this year, noted that the visit played a huge role in development of ties in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, as well as with the European Commission.
The head of state stressed the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative in terms of expanding Azerbaijan-EU relations. The president deemed the signing of strategic partnership agreements with more than 10 countries, which are members of the organization, as a good indicator of our relations.
Touching upon the new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union, the head of state said that the work in this area is progressing very positively.
President Aliyev also underlined the successful development of political relations, noting that the cooperation is multilateral and covers broad areas, including democratic development, multiculturalism, economic, etc.
The head of state said Europe is a key trade partner of Azerbaijan, adding that relations in investment, energy security, transport and social protection are developing.
President Aliyev praised the visit of the expanded delegation as a manifestation of successful cooperation and expressed hope that this visit will provide a good for the delegation members to witness the development processes in Azerbaijan and gain closer insight into our country.
The sides then exchanged views on the prospects of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference