Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
Estonia’s Ambassador-at-large for Eastern Partnership Jaan Reinhold, on behalf of the EU leaders and all ambassadors present at the meeting, said that the organization he represents pays special attention to relations with Azerbaijan, APA reported.
He noted that the cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan is developing in a positive way.
Pointing to significant progress that has recently achieved towards the new agreement, Reinhold pledged that the EU will continue to make every effort in this direction.
The Estonian ambassador-at-large, referring to the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, noted that the EU remains committed to the principles of the Eastern Partnership and related projects, and highly appreciates this cooperation.
The diplomat once again stressed that the EU-Azerbaijan relations are developing in a positive and dynamic manner. He added that the EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is based on strong foundations from the standpoint of the full realization of the existing potential.
The ambassador said that the development of Azerbaijan in the field of democratic reforms is of great importance, and the experience Azerbaijan gained in the field of freedom of religion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue is very valuable.
Reinhold mentioned that strategic cooperation in the energy sector is of great importance.
President Ilham Aliyev, who, in turn, touched on his visit to Brussels in February of this year, noted that the visit played a huge role in development of ties in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, as well as with the European Commission.
The head of state stressed the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative in terms of expanding Azerbaijan-EU relations. The president deemed the signing of strategic partnership agreements with more than 10 countries, which are members of the organization, as a good indicator of our relations.
Touching upon the new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union, the head of state said that the work in this area is progressing very positively.
President Aliyev also underlined the successful development of political relations, noting that the cooperation is multilateral and covers broad areas, including democratic development, multiculturalism, economic, etc.
The head of state said Europe is a key trade partner of Azerbaijan, adding that relations in investment, energy security, transport and social protection are developing.
President Aliyev praised the visit of the expanded delegation as a manifestation of successful cooperation and expressed hope that this visit will provide a good for the delegation members to witness the development processes in Azerbaijan and gain closer insight into our country.
The sides then exchanged views on the prospects of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence
- 03.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Donald Trump on Independence Day
- 03.07.2018Permanent representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey address letter to UN Sec-Gen
- 03.07.2018About the tragicomic decision of PACE or the anatomy of “for life sanctioning” of 14 persons
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference