Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
Estonia’s Ambassador-at-large for Eastern Partnership Jaan Reinhold, on behalf of the EU leaders and all ambassadors present at the meeting, said that the organization he represents pays special attention to relations with Azerbaijan, APA reported.
He noted that the cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan is developing in a positive way.
Pointing to significant progress that has recently achieved towards the new agreement, Reinhold pledged that the EU will continue to make every effort in this direction.
The Estonian ambassador-at-large, referring to the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, noted that the EU remains committed to the principles of the Eastern Partnership and related projects, and highly appreciates this cooperation.
The diplomat once again stressed that the EU-Azerbaijan relations are developing in a positive and dynamic manner. He added that the EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is based on strong foundations from the standpoint of the full realization of the existing potential.
The ambassador said that the development of Azerbaijan in the field of democratic reforms is of great importance, and the experience Azerbaijan gained in the field of freedom of religion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue is very valuable.
Reinhold mentioned that strategic cooperation in the energy sector is of great importance.
President Ilham Aliyev, who, in turn, touched on his visit to Brussels in February of this year, noted that the visit played a huge role in development of ties in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, as well as with the European Commission.
The head of state stressed the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative in terms of expanding Azerbaijan-EU relations. The president deemed the signing of strategic partnership agreements with more than 10 countries, which are members of the organization, as a good indicator of our relations.
Touching upon the new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union, the head of state said that the work in this area is progressing very positively.
President Aliyev also underlined the successful development of political relations, noting that the cooperation is multilateral and covers broad areas, including democratic development, multiculturalism, economic, etc.
The head of state said Europe is a key trade partner of Azerbaijan, adding that relations in investment, energy security, transport and social protection are developing.
President Aliyev praised the visit of the expanded delegation as a manifestation of successful cooperation and expressed hope that this visit will provide a good for the delegation members to witness the development processes in Azerbaijan and gain closer insight into our country.
The sides then exchanged views on the prospects of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference