Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
Trade turnover between Georgia and Azerbaijan is increasing year after year, and Azerbaijan is Georgia’s top investor country, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state made the remarks during a one-on-one meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili in Baku on March 12, APA reported citing the Administration of the Georgian government.
President Aliyev stressed the importance of the Georgian prime minister’s visit to Azerbaijan, noting that relations between the two countries are developing at a high level.
“I’m sure that your visit to Azerbaijan will contribute to the further development of relations between the two countries. We successfully cooperate in various fields. I’m glad that the trade turnover between the two countries continues to grow. Azerbaijan has Georgia’s top investor country since 2012, which indicates that the investment climate in your country is one of the best. This also shows that bilateral relations stand at a high level,” the Azerbaijani president said.
The president also touched on the projects of global importance, joined by Azerbaijan and Georgia.
“One of these projects is the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, which was commissioned in October 2017. The implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor and TANAP projects will help raise our cooperation to a higher level,” Ilham Aliyev added.
The head of state said that cooperation between Azerbaijan and Georgia is successful not only in the region, but also on a global level.
"Our cooperation further strengthens our friendship and fraternity. I’m convinced that these warm relations will serve the well-being of our peoples in the future,” he said.
Kvirikashvili, in turn, noted the positive dynamics of economic relations between the two countries.
"Any visit to Azerbaijan is significant for us. Azerbaijan is Georgia's strategic partner. We’re glad that economic relations between the two countries are developing. Last year, there was a significant growth in bilateral trade and economic relations. Azerbaijan is the number-one investor in Georgia. According to the latest statistical data, Azerbaijan is in the first place, which is pleasing. The strategic projects of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars and the Southern Gas Corridor, which you mentioned, are of huge economic and geopolitical importance. In global formats, Georgia always supports Azerbaijan's position and relies on this strategic partnership,” said PM Kvirikashvili.
The Georgian prime minister also congratulated the Azerbaijani president on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the declaration of the first republic.
"This date is important for Georgia and Azerbaijan, and I hope we will celebrate this historically in a decent manner,” he added.
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan says its military exercises in sovereign territories in line with Vienna Document
- 12.03.2018Council of Europe Secretary General offers condolences to President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.03.2018Cuban and Afghan leaders extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election