Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
Trade turnover between Georgia and Azerbaijan is increasing year after year, and Azerbaijan is Georgia’s top investor country, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state made the remarks during a one-on-one meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili in Baku on March 12, APA reported citing the Administration of the Georgian government.
President Aliyev stressed the importance of the Georgian prime minister’s visit to Azerbaijan, noting that relations between the two countries are developing at a high level.
“I’m sure that your visit to Azerbaijan will contribute to the further development of relations between the two countries. We successfully cooperate in various fields. I’m glad that the trade turnover between the two countries continues to grow. Azerbaijan has Georgia’s top investor country since 2012, which indicates that the investment climate in your country is one of the best. This also shows that bilateral relations stand at a high level,” the Azerbaijani president said.
The president also touched on the projects of global importance, joined by Azerbaijan and Georgia.
“One of these projects is the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, which was commissioned in October 2017. The implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor and TANAP projects will help raise our cooperation to a higher level,” Ilham Aliyev added.
The head of state said that cooperation between Azerbaijan and Georgia is successful not only in the region, but also on a global level.
"Our cooperation further strengthens our friendship and fraternity. I’m convinced that these warm relations will serve the well-being of our peoples in the future,” he said.
Kvirikashvili, in turn, noted the positive dynamics of economic relations between the two countries.
"Any visit to Azerbaijan is significant for us. Azerbaijan is Georgia's strategic partner. We’re glad that economic relations between the two countries are developing. Last year, there was a significant growth in bilateral trade and economic relations. Azerbaijan is the number-one investor in Georgia. According to the latest statistical data, Azerbaijan is in the first place, which is pleasing. The strategic projects of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars and the Southern Gas Corridor, which you mentioned, are of huge economic and geopolitical importance. In global formats, Georgia always supports Azerbaijan's position and relies on this strategic partnership,” said PM Kvirikashvili.
The Georgian prime minister also congratulated the Azerbaijani president on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the declaration of the first republic.
"This date is important for Georgia and Azerbaijan, and I hope we will celebrate this historically in a decent manner,” he added.
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan says its military exercises in sovereign territories in line with Vienna Document
- 12.03.2018Council of Europe Secretary General offers condolences to President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.03.2018Cuban and Afghan leaders extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election