Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister for Foreign Trade and Development of Finland Anne-Mari Virolainen.
The head of state said that Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Anne-Mari Virolainen’s visit to Azerbaijan creates a good opportunity for discussing the issues relating to economic cooperation as well as the increase in trade between the two countries, adding that there is a great potential for it.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of bilateral cooperation in transport corridor field too. He said that Azerbaijan is actively investing in the establishment of transport links between its partners and neighbors, adding that Azerbaijan is becoming an important East-West and North-South transport corridor.
“The successful implementation of the North-South transport project has started. Azerbaijan is making large investments in this area.”
The head of state also stressed the importance of increasing business activity in terms of expanding economic cooperation.
Pointing to the fact that several Finnish companies operate in Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev underlined the possibility of increasing the number of these companies. He noted that Azerbaijan's economic development, encouraging plans and strong economic infrastructure create good opportunities for Finnish companies, like other foreign firms to work actively in various fields of the country’s economy.
Minister for Foreign Trade and Development of Finland Anne-Mari Virolainen extended President Sauli Niinisto’s greetings to the head of state. The minister noted that the Azerbaijani and Finnish presidents’ meeting in Davos is recalled with pleasure.
The Finnish Minister for Foreign Trade and Development described her visit program to Azerbaijan as diverse, expressing her hope that she will hold fruitful meetings as part of her trip to the country. She noted that the beauty of Baku made great impressions on the members of the delegation, adding that the historical architectural monuments in the capital are in perfect harmony with modern buildings.
Minister Anne-Mari Virolainen said that Azerbaijan and Finland have a common history, saying there are good opportunities for expanding cooperation between the two countries.
The sides exchanged views on the involvement of Finnish companies in energy, transit, vocational education, and infrastructure projects between the two countries, improvement of trade relations between entrepreneurs, and prospects for cooperation in investment, ecology and other fields.
The head of state thanked for President Sauli Niinisto’s greetings and asked Anne-Mari Virolainen to extend his greetings to the Finnish President.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence