Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
Lavrov said the OSCE has serious potential in reaching quick decisions to resolve all conflicts in Europe, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said at a meeting with OSCE Secretary General Thomas Greminger in Moscow Nov. 3, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
“First and foremost, it’s necessary this potential should be used in settling the Ukrainian conflict, as well as the Transnistrian and Nagorno-Karabakh conflicts,” Lavrov stressed.
“Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group,” he said. During the Geneva talks on Transcaucasia we assessed the OSCE chairmanship. Generally, there is a huge demand for your balanced approaches,” he said.
Greminger, in turn, said Russia is key in terms of ensuring security in Europe.
“I’m convinced that the OSCE, which is an inclusive international organization, can prevent the crises and conflicts,” he said.
The meeting continued closed to the press.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 03.03.2015Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 03.03.2015Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change internationally recognized borders of states unacceptable
- 03.03.2015Next meeting of Ad Hoc Working Group on Caspian Sea’s legal status to start in Baku tomorrow
- 02.03.2015US committed to supporting strongest, most democratic, most prosperous, and independent Azerbaijan – Ambassador
- 02.03.2015Slovenian State Council Chairman arrives in Azerbaijan
- 02.03.2015Azerbaijani President receives delegation led by PACE Monitoring Committee co-rapporteur