Samad Seyidov: PACE itself needs reforms
Projects such as the Southern Gas Corridor, the Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) and the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway have been implemented with Azerbaijan’s participation, Samad Seyidov, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE, said at the Assembly’s summer session on Monday.
“The abovementioned projects could not be implemented without the support of the Azerbaijani government. There are criticisms about Azerbaijan. You should understand that there is a different situation in Azerbaijan from what is currently being portrayed,” Seyidov said.
Azerbaijan is a very powerful, independent state and is committed to moving forward in the way of democracy, Seyidov stressed.
“We need to hear each other. What I just said is an opportunity to understand Azerbaijan,” Seyidov said, adding that “PACE itself needs reforms”.
Addressing the debates, Sevinj Fataliyeva, a member of the Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE said that everything was done to ensure transparency in the presidential election in Azerbaijan.
"Let's be more careful about our decision. Let's respect people's choices and not turn them into political games,” said Fataliyeva.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 25.06.2018Georgian ambassador to Azerbaijan ends diplomatic mission
- 26.06.2018Hikmat Hajiyev responds to anti-Azerbaijan article
- 26.06.2018PACE committee appoints rapporteur to prepare report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of Pakistani Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee - UPDATED
- 25.06.2018Roaming agreement of Etisalat with “Karabakh Telecom” cancelled: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.06.2018Afghanistan’s state and NGO reps expected to attend Int’l Contact Group meeting in Baku