Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
Tsereteli was commenting on the final report of Kristian Vigenin, who has recently resigned from the post of the OSCE PA Special Representative on the South Caucasus, and on a new appointment to his post.
According to Tsereteli, Vigenin had served as a special representative of the OSCE PA on the South Caucasus for two years.
“In his final report, Kristian Vigenin recommended changing the modality according to the reforms we might like to carry out in the Parliamentary Assembly. Currently, we are rethinking about the effectiveness of work, the distribution of power, tasks and portfolios among vice-presidents, among special representatives. So it was just a thought. We might give this assignment to one of the vice-presidents or it could be differently designed but we will think about this,” the OSCE PA president said.
Tsereteli underscored the need to focus on the South Caucasus and the ongoing developments in and around Nagorno-Karabakh, as well as in Georgia.
“I think we should focus on the South Caucasus, and what is happening in and around Nagorno-Karabakh and in Georgia,” he added.
Tsereteli said he thinks a decision on OSCE PA’s special representative on the South Caucasus will be made in the coming weeks.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA to observe upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan