Turkey aims to end chaos in Syria, restore peace and stability therein – Cavusoglu
Turkey aims to end the chaos in Syria and bring peace and stability to this country, said Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
The Astana process has played an important role in achieving a ceasefire in Syria, Cavusoglu said at a joint press conference with his Azerbaijani and Iranian counterparts in Baku on Dec. 20, APA reports.
The fifth trilateral meeting of Foreign Ministers of Azerbaijan, Iran and Turkey, Elmar Mammadyarov, Mohammad Javad Zarif and Mevlut Cavusoglu took place in Baku on Dec. 20.
Cavusoglu reiterated Turkey’s support for the Geneva process.
"The last meeting did not produce results. Now we have to focus on a political resolution. A sustainable resolution can only be achieved politically. To this end, all sides should meet, except for terrorist organizations. Such a decision was reached at the Sochi summit. There should be a democratic, transparent, and fair election,” he said.
To achieve this, Syria needs a constitution which must be prepared and discussed by the Syrian people, stressed Cavusoglu.
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 20.12.2017Turkey signed Zurich protocols with Armenia on certain conditions – FM
- 20.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey and Iran underscore need to strengthen co-op in fight against terrorism, separatism
- 20.12.2017Ali Hasanov: Claims by Financial Times serve nefarious interests of anti-Azerbaijani circles abroad
- 20.12.2017Turkey to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 20.12.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, Iran, Turkey will vote for Palestine-Israel resolution in UN
- 20.12.2017Joint statement signed at trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish FMs - UPDATED