Volodin: Russia, Azerbaijan share common history and future
Russia and Azerbaijan share common history and future, said Chairman of Russia’s State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin.
He made the remarks at the opening ceremony of the exhibition marking the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and Azerbaijan in Moscow on Wednesday, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
"I want to thank the Heydar Aliyev Foundation for giving us the opportunity to learn about the history of Azerbaijan, its modern life and the centuries-old history of Russian-Azerbaijani relations. The Russian and Azerbaijani people have protected our homeland and the whole world from fascism. Today, our friendship is developing and strengthening. At today’s exhibition, we’re getting acquainted with the achievements of our neighbor, Azerbaijan,” he said.
Talking about the importance of the exhibition, Volodin said such events contribute to the development of bilateral relations.
“We are bringing our countries' positions closer to each other. The basis of relations between the two countries was laid by the decisions of our presidents. The duty of parliaments is to ensure the legality of these decisions. Therefore, together with my colleague Ogtay Asadov and other Azerbaijani parliamentarians, we are doing everything possible to strengthen the bilateral ties. We are such countries that have a common history and future,” the State Duma chairman added.
Volodin recommended Russian tourists to visit Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 07.02.2018Russia’s ruling party: Russia, Azerbaijan strategic partners within CIS
- 07.02.2018Ogtay Asadov: If relations all over the world were same as Russia-Azerbaijan relations, there would be no problems
- 07.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Qatar
- 07.02.2018U.S. interested in deepening trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 07.02.2018U.S. says respect for human rights ‘important element’ of bilateral relations
- 07.02.2018U.S. State Dept. comments on upcoming early presidential election in Azerbaijan